MEMS (sensors)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

libiio and st_imu68 software hrtimer?

I compiled the st_imu68_i2c driver for use with a 4.14 linux kernel with the industrial IO subsystem successfully. And I could read values from the device using the files that provide the "raw" values. However, it is very slow when I just cat the raw...

TDebl by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISM330DHCX: Hi, is there any known issue regarding the WHO_AM_I of ISM330DHCX, when having a number of them on one bus? Sometimes I read 0x48 instead of the expected 0x6B. There is no issue with SPI speed (10 MHz or 1 MHz tested).

I'm testing a system with a number of ISM330DHCX, generating the CE signals apart from the SPI component. Having a number of sensors on the bus (by means of CE only one of them active at any given time) I read sometimes a wrong WHO_AM_I-value. Bus cl...

ASchm.3 by Associate II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VL53L1X-satel breakout boards

Hello,I am working on interface in the VL53L1X-satel breakout boards with my NUCLEO-F446RE dev board:Note that I am not using the (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/ecosystems/stm32-open-development-environment/stm32-nucleo-expansion-boar...

SPimp.1 by Associate II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lis2MDL - Magnetometer

When exposing sensor to a piece of metal, the values reported go up. After removing the metal object, the values reported go down, but not to the original set of values for some reason. We want the system to gi back to original values. How do we do t...

PGorm.1 by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I guys, I was looking at the VL53L1X to detec water level in a manhole but it says the field of view is 15°-27°. Being in a manhole, this is way to wide. Any suggestions?

The device I am developping on is on top of the manhole at 3-4 meters high and I need a 2-5 mm precision or so. I look forward for an idea. Looking at basic laser meters to take measurements, they all are capable of doing what I am looking for, but c...

PGagn.1 by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! INT2 (DRDY) pin is high all the time

Hello,i want lis2hh12 to scan for x,y and z-value with 10Hz.When signals are ready i want to get a DRDY signal on INT2.When i read out the data via SPI the INT2 shall become low.My problem is that INT2 is high and it never goes low.My configuration:C...

HTimm.1 by Associate II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative IMU for ISM330DHCX, but with CAN interface...

Hi,I am developing an autonomously navigating robot that uses IMU for Localization and Mapping... a typical ML/Self-driving car application. I was looking for IMUs having accelerometer with +-2g sensitivity. The [INEMO-M1](http://www.digikey.in/produ...

PDand.1 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unit of minimum threshold in LIS2DS12

Hello ST community,In LIS2DS12 application note, section 5.9.1, it is mentioned that the minimum threshold can be set where 1 LSB = FS/64. I would like to confirm if the value in this register has the unit of g. Also, if +- 2g is the selected full sc...

AB.4 by Associate II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos