STM32CubeIDE (MCUs)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

STM32CubeIDE 1.16.0 released

STM32CubeIDE 1.16.0 was released today on st.com as well as an in-tool update patch. What is new in 1.16.0?Microcontroller and board lists aligned with STM32CubeMX v6.12.0 : STM32C0, STM32WB0 and STM32MP25XXAdded CMake support for multicontext projec...

Is STM32CubeIDE a tool chain? If so why does everyone including STM recommend some other tool chain in their tutorials? Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or other training source for STM32 programming?

I am in the steepest part of the learning curve for C programming and am experiencing typical frustrations. I can't get "Hello World" to run at this point. I appreciate your patience. I have just ordered the Ritchie Kerighan book and another on STM32...

SGill.1 by Associate II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CMSIS RTOS V1 Semaphore issues in STM32CubeIDE

Hi,I am using STM32F405, CMSIS RTOS V1, and STM32CubeIDE. I want to create a timer interrupt that periodically release the semaphore to signal the execution of a task. The issue is that it gets stuck after osSemaphoreRelease is called in the interrup...

DLim.16 by Associate II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing firmware packages - can't create a project

Fresh installation, when I try to create a STM32 project a zip file with firmware is downloaded and unpacked, but I still get this error message:"Code generation could not be done because necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete ST...

KOlsz.1 by Associate II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to update software packs

Hi,I am unable to update embedded software packages.To update I select "Manage embedded software packages" menu item. Packages manager window opens. I see "Check Firmware & Software. Download File updaters.zip" but progress bar stays at 0 bytes. Afte...

Dmitri by Associate II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How do I uninstall STM32CubeIDE from macOS?

I would like to remove STM32CubeIDE (v1.2.0) from my Mac (os 10.14.6).Removing the IDE is straightforward, just drag the .app to the trash. But how do I remove the ST Link Server from my machine? The ST Link Server Installer doesn't specify where it ...

BFrau.1 by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Bug in the debugger?

Not sure whether this is a GDB or Eclipse behavior, or "feature" of debug info created by gcc compiler...Debugger in CubeIDE and Atollic refuses to display pointers to volatile.For example: volatile char *ptr = some_func();It always says that such po...

Pavel A. by Evangelist III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos