STM32 MCUs Motor control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

MCSDK 6.3.0 is out!

Dear MCSDK users, MCSDK version 6.3 is now available: Download It here. Here are the main changes for this version: Motor Control Features: FOCAdded C0 single shunt topology support.6StepThis algorithm has been enhanced on MCSDK version 6.3 release ...

GMA by ST Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Board Manager documentation is out !

The documentation of the Board descriptions format is now available on Motor Control Boards Description Wiki page, this documentation is compatible with MCSDK versions from 6.1.2. Board Descriptions are used by the ST motor-control workbench to enabl...

Zied b. by ST Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

MCSDK documentation and your feedback

Motor Control Wiki: STM32 Motor Control Knowledge Database - stm32mcuMC Frequently asked questions (FAQ):Frequently asked questions (FAQ) - stm32mcu   The documentation of the Board descriptions format is now available on the Motor Control Wiki:   Wi...

Zied b. by ST Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! FOC software and motor drive hardware

I would like to control a low voltage three phase BLDC motor using field oriented control with an STM32 microcontroller and appropriate motor drive hardware.is there a solution available from ST to start to this development like a motor drive expansi...

IAher.1 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have a couple questions: 1. Is there a document with a description of the motor control registers? 2. Is there a library that I can import into my project to support comms between an STM motor controller/inverter board and a master device?

I found the following document: STM32F PMSM single/dual FOC SDK v4.3.This has a section (14) which has some explanation to how serial comms with a motor control device can work. There is even a list provided of "relevant motor control registers", how...

mike_ee1 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! STM32 IHM07M1 STM32F401RE Motor profiler

Hello, Did anyone attempt to use the motor profiler toolkit with these boards : STM32 IHM07M1 & STM32F401RE? I configured mine following the "motor control mode" from ST website and the program starts but then nothing happens and the following error ...

FCarl.2 by Associate
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to migrate from STM32G431 to the STM32F745 or STM32F769? I need to go from G431 to F769, but can't find any documentation. Any F7 chip would work too.

I saw multiple resources on different conversions between chips, such as AN5094 (between F3 and G4), but I can't find anything for G4 to F7.Is there a step by step process to follow that has a program do most of the work, something similar to MCSDK, ...

Dane._.T by Associate II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hi, I Use NUCLEOF446RE and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 for running a motor. It works for a motor with 24V power supply. But however, if I use 36V power supply and run motor profiler to estimate the parameters. It fails to rotate. Need Suggestions?

When Motor profiler is used to test the motor for its parameters, it keeps on checking with the possible current (18A, 14A, 9A, 6A, etc..). After sometime a message popup "Speed measurement takes too long time". I don't know the reason behind this. I...

VGani.1 by Associate III
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

I am using HALL sensor mode on Tim4 and PWM generation with TIM1. I don't understand now how do i read hall sensor status .

HAL_TIMEx_ConfigCommutEvent(&htim1, TIM_TS_ITR3, TIM_COMMUTATION_TRGI);// HAL_TIM_IC_Start(&htim4, TIM_CHANNEL_2);   HAL_TIMEx_HallSensor_Start_IT(&htim4);here is my config setting:below is my capturecall back function.void HAL_TIM_IC_CaptureCallback...

0693W00000Hqc4hQAB.png 0693W00000Hqc56QAB.png
Tejashree by Associate III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos