STM32 MCUs Motor control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

MCSDK 6.3.0 is out!

Dear MCSDK users, MCSDK version 6.3 is now available: Download It here. Here are the main changes for this version: Motor Control Features: FOCAdded C0 single shunt topology support.6StepThis algorithm has been enhanced on MCSDK version 6.3 release ...

GMA by ST Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Board Manager documentation is out !

The documentation of the Board descriptions format is now available on Motor Control Boards Description Wiki page, this documentation is compatible with MCSDK versions from 6.1.2. Board Descriptions are used by the ST motor-control workbench to enabl...

Zied b. by ST Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

MCSDK documentation and your feedback

Motor Control Wiki: STM32 Motor Control Knowledge Database - stm32mcuMC Frequently asked questions (FAQ):Frequently asked questions (FAQ) - stm32mcu   The documentation of the Board descriptions format is now available on the Motor Control Wiki:   Wi...

Zied b. by ST Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

What to change in FOC code for lower inertia?

I have a BLDC motor running reliably with FOC code on a STM32G431 MCU. For unrelated mechanical reasons we need to drop our inertia by about 4x from where it is running today. For the speed loop I fully understand lowering inertia raises the loop ga...

BTrem.1 by Senior II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

STEVAL-ESC001V1 communication protocol

Dear All,Does anybody have any documentation about this motor controller's communication protocol?I would like to use this controller - as it is, connecting a STM32 via UART (not PPM, since I'd like to get the measured data back), but I could not fin...

MNaft.1 by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Nucleo power supply when plugged on X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1

Hello,I am using an X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 board plugged on a G431 Nucleo board and I have a question regarding the Nucleo power supply.In the IHM08 Quick Start Guide it is noted that the JP5 PWR jumper must be set to E5V (powered from morpho connector), h...

0693W00000FBHsRQAX.png 0693W00000FBHtPQAX.png
Grann by Associate II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ADC not working with NUCLEO-G431RB.

NUCLEO-G431RB + X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1MCWB 5.Y.3 + STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0Maxon motor combination: 200142 + 166935 + 673026I have created a project to drive a BLDC motor with the above mentioned equipment, I was able to create a basic project to drive the ...

msingh by Senior
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I will create code for discovery kit 'B-G431-ESC' as described in UM2516 chapter 6.1 step 2 and 3 but I get error when compiling with STM32CubeIDE . Is there a more detailed description for generation or an example for this evakit?

I use MCSDK v5.4.7 and STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1. Project generation with MCSDK is successful but when I try to build code with the IDE it ends with fatal error "sto_cordic_speed_pos_fdbk.h: No such file or directory". Run code generation with an other exam...

JMust.1 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whitepaper - Improve Motor Drive Efficiency

Check our recent whitepaper on how to improve motor drive efficiency Register here and read through the latest techniques:Optimized AC inverter designsChoice of the inverter switching frequencyPWM modulation techniquesSoftware Control methods for ens...

0693W00000FBLrSQAX.png

Oscillation at higher load in Speed mode

Ian using a dyno to apply load and using B-G431B-ESC1 with a pmsm motorSPEED: KI= 950, KP= 13767, Torque KI= 1005 reduced from 3005 earlier torque kp=82 (tuned settings)I have attached a snapshot ,as gradually I increase load (oz-in) in steps1) at rp...

Ajosh.1 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos