cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-CTM010V1 not listed in ST Motor Profiler GUI v5.4.8

ManishVerma
Associate II

Hi

I need to evaluate the ST Motor Control Kit STEVAL-CTM010V1 with ST Motor Profiler GUI Tool v5.4.8.
But my board is not listed in the supported boards list. Can anyone please tell me if there is any way I can use the Motor Profiler tool with my Board.
Although I can easily select the board in the Motor Control Workbench GUI v5.4.8 and it shows the block diagram with all configurations.

Thanks

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello ManishVerma,

If you want to bypass the Profiler Tool step, I advise you to create a .xml file by taking examples on other referenced motors and then fill in all the needed values. Your motor will then appear in the WB as a referenced motor. This way, anytime you want to create a project using you motor, you won't need to manually enter its characteristics through the WB UI.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello ManishVerma,

Unfortunately, the STEVAL-CTM010V1 inverter is only supported as an example in MCSDK v5.4.8. It is not supported either in our latest version MCSDK v6.2. However, it will be added in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, you can still profile your motor using another board, and then go back to your project using STEVAL-CTM010V1 with updated motor parameters.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
ManishVerma
Associate II

Hi Gael A

Since I cannot use the motor profiler as of now, could you please clarify in reference of the STEVAL-CTM010V1 kit:

1. Any estimated release date of the new version of ST Profiler tool when my kit will be available?
  2. What all parameters are generated by the Motor Profiler tool (which are passed to the ST WB Tool)?
  3. How can I obtain those motor parameters manually if I want to skip the motor profiler tool and enter the parameters manually in the WB Tool?
  4. Is there any equivalent kit of the STEVAL-CTM010V1 kit which is currently available in the Motor Profiler tool?
    The equivalent kit is required to operate 1.5KW motor. ( so that I can use Profiler tool with that kit and later use the same STEVAL-CTM010V1 kit)
  5. Is there any alternative of STEVAL-CTM010V1 kit which can be used for my application (1.5KW motor)?

Thanks

Manish

Hello ManishVerma,

1. Unfortunately, I can't be very precise about the next upcoming release date, but it should be available in a few months at worse.

2. You can find all the parameters generated by the MotorProfiler in the other motors .xml files that can be found here : C:\...\MC_SDK_5.4.8\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\xml\motors or here : C:\...\MC_SDK_6.2.0\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\hardware\motor depending on your MCSDK version.

3. Those values can't really be computed manually.

4 & 5. The STEVAL-IPMM15B and STEVAL-IPM15B Power Boards can match your required power rating. They can be plugged with every kind of Control Board. Keep in mind that you will need an X-NUCLEO-IHM09M1 Bridge if you want to use a NUCLEO Control Board though. Those configurations are available via MotorProfiler, but I advise you to check if that is the case before ordering any board.

Please also consider upgrading your MCSDK to version 6.2, it includes a new Profiler Flow.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hi Gaël A

Thank you very much for your insightful reply.
Could you please tell me further:

1. The data generated after pressing Start Profile button in the Profiler tool (inertia, friction, current etc.) is "No-Load Data" or "With-load/On-Load Data"?
  2. If I click on the Motor Block in the WB tool, I get this list of parameters to be entered:
    WB Tool.png
    Can I enter these parameters manually (and skip the profiler tool part)? I can source these parameters from the Motor Datasheet/specification-sheet. 
    Would this be sufficient or still there is something else that only Motor Profiler tool can provide and I can't.
  3. Even if I put in the Motor data manually, without using the profiler tool (as I said in point 2), would that impact my application/code/resulting system?

Actually I have the STEVAL-CTM010V1 kit with me but looking at the current scenario, I want to make sure whether there is any workaround (related to profiler) or not before I order a new kit to get my work done. 

Thanks

Manish Verma

Hello ManishVerma,

If you want to bypass the Profiler Tool step, I advise you to create a .xml file by taking examples on other referenced motors and then fill in all the needed values. Your motor will then appear in the WB as a referenced motor. This way, anytime you want to create a project using you motor, you won't need to manually enter its characteristics through the WB UI.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.