STM32 MCUs Security

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Not able to read AES256 encrypted data from microcontroller using UART. I am used the STM32L442KC microcontroller. I am new for AES Encryption / Descryption.

I am using atolic truestudio 9.3 . myplaintext is a[1]={97}; uint8_t ciphertext [32]; my code is below, uint32_t retval=HAL_CRYP_AESECB_Encrypt(&hcryp, plaintext, 8, ciphertext, 5);  if(retval==0)  {  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart1,(uint8_t *)...

STAR by Associate II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting AES_ERR_BAD_OPERATION on SE_Decrypt_Append

Hi,I'm in the process of implementing a HTTP server in SBSFU where I can upload an update file from a webpage. I've based my work on the code in sfu_loader.c, specifically the function SFU_COM_YMODEM_DataPktRxCpltCallback() and I try to follow the sa...

Arno1 by Senior
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone managed to get the STM32 hardware CRC on STM32F7XX to match the output of srec_cat.exe when using the -STM32_Little_Endian flag?

srec_cat.exe has a flag -STM32_Little_Endian described in the srec_cat manual as "These filters many be use to generate the CRC used by the hardware CRC unit on the STM32 series of ARM MPUs.". I can successfully append a CRC to my firmware file using...

HMcKi by Associate III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

STM32H7 Flash-embedded CRC HW calculation

We are using a STM32H7 microcontroller for our project ans would like to use the HW CRC embedded in the Flash module.We are designing a custom bootloader that will calculate the CRC and then write it in a reserved section of the flash. Since the devi...

CRC32 questions

Hi,I have a general question regarding CRC32 for data read from flash. For example I am reading 2048 bytes of data total 512 bytes chunk each time. My question isdoes it make any difference if I check CRC32 for every 512 bytes read or after read of 2...

readout protection cracked on STM32

Posted on January 08, 2018 at 10:21 Am I correct that readout protection has a major issue and is not working at all? Are all STM32s affected? Any comments on this from ST? See here: https://www.aisec.fraunhofer.de/en/FirmwareProtection.html ...