Power management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

L6470 / L6472 VREG line question

Hello, I am designing the system with both L6470PD and L6472PD stepper drivers. Since my system is operating on 3.3V (MCU is STM32F103 ) I have tight the VReg with VDD line as suggested. The problem which I am facing is following. I supply the drive...

L6480H stall detection does not work. What should I do?

Hi everyone!I want to use the ST EVAL6480H board to control a stepper motor but I get stuck with the stall detection feature of the chip. My problem is that it always generates stall (step loss). I have tried it with different configurations and wit...

DDely.1 by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple L6470PD via daisy chain.

Hello FolksThe L6470 datasheet (see snapshots provided by Jacek) clearly says that Vreg should be connected to VDD, as they are not connected internally. Further, VDD should have 10uF Cap to work properly.Surprisingly, the X-NUCLEO-IHM02A1, which has...

0690X00000BvwHXQAZ.png
JSing.11 by Associate II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

When STC3115 power gauge depicts an incorrect SoC value (remaining charge in battery), showing a value less than the correct one, may STC3115 discharge calculus be artificially forced to a lower discharge rate by changing the declared value of Rsense?

Although for 3 different batteries we managed to get the expected SoC and duration of battery discharge, we are facing difficulties in getting the expected discharge time for a fourth battery type. We followed the same procedure used to characterize ...

Noise on the powerstep01 Busy line

We need to use the Busy line as an interrupt and have noticed that often there is considerable switching noise on that line, making use for that function unreliable. We currently pull it up to ​VREG with a 39K. We have tried reducing this resistor to...

0690X00000ButGKQAZ.jpg

temperature affect L6470 Stall detection

I am using stall detection when stepper motor enter under force. but temperature affact detection system. I am using same force in same system but stall detection feedback is different position in different temperature. I need to find force position...

Is IGBT reacts like MOSFET?

I have designed a ballast to reduce DC voltage before the power supply driver (UCC28880).This ballast was first do with MOSFET 1200V : it was OK. We decided to replace the MOFset by IGBT (STGD5NB120), and then the ballast generates noise ( like crak...

YCADO.1 by Associate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos