Power management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Wireless Charging solution Wiki

This Topic is used for Wireless Charging solution 1.Mcu C drive code: GitHub - STMicroelectronics/STWirelessCharging-C-Drivers: Standard C platform-independent drivers for wireless charging ICs 2. Python drive code, check attach file "Python_FT260_S...

willzhou_0-1717985741931.png
willzhou by ST Employee
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos

L6480 absolute position counter value issue

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 10:45HiThe L6480 absolute position counter seems to count in multiples of 256 micro steps? When executing the move command with a 1000 micro steps or using the GoToDir command with a 1000 micro step value both generate ...

SPI clock rate for the 6470/2

Posted on February 20, 2018 at 16:13The data sheet for the 6470 (and 6472) is not clear regarding the SPI clock rate. what is your take on this? the reason why i ask is that a clock rate was selected, boards were built and deployed. all was well. ne...

How to calculate time of MOVE command with L6470

Hello all!We are using L6470 in our product for stepper motor control. We are using the SPI mode control with MOVE command.I would like to know the time (relative to given external clock) it takes to run the motor for given distance, given max speed ...

PSalm by Associate II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

L6470PD Stepper driver - Power dissipation issue

Hello, I am designing Stepper driver for NEMA17 motors which going to operate within range of 300RPM max. I am planning to use 42V to supply the motor and torque tests shows that 1A is sufficient to obtain the target. What I have noticed on the firs...

Resolved! MOSFET for reverse current blocking with STEF01

STEF01 has an interesting price but requires an external power MOSFET for reverse polarity protection. I see from the datasheet that ST has performed some measurements using external FETs, so which one would you recommend?NOTE: This question and answ...

Resolved! ST1S12 quiescent current is too high

We are using an ST1S12GR device and the input current is >2.5mA even with only the feedback loop connected and ENable pin connected to Vin. Feedback resistors values are 220k resp. 59k. According to Datasheet Table 8 (“Electrical Characteristics�?) Q...

Resolved! L6924U - how to connect IUSB pin in AC mode

We are considering to use L6924U for a new design for a battery charging circuit in our industrial wireless remote controller project. If we set up L6924U for AC input (MODE grounded), do we need to do anything with IUSB pin? Can we just ground it (w...

Resolved! L6470PD - motor speed vs. clock setting

We are using L6470PD driver IC for driving 2-phase stepping motor. Problem is related to external clock and internal clock setting in L6470.In fact, we noticed different motor rotation speed when we switch between external clock of 16MHz and internal...

Resolved! Over Current Protection (OCP) of VIPer06

We are building a 115kHz SMPS transformer that is being used in a circuit using a VIPER06HS. It is in the circuit with my transformer that is outputting 5 volts at 200mA the OCP is tripping off the VIPER unit. I would like to know how the OCP works. ...