cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a STM32F303RE Nucleus 64 eval board. Where are the Physical pins defined in a HAL / LL design flow.

TFlac
Associate III

Hello ST Community, I purchased the Nucleus 64 Eval board for the STM32F303RE part and downloaded all the necessary tools. I moved from CubeIDE to SW4STM32 as there are more examples available. I'm using UM1766 which outlines STM32CubeF3 flow very well. I am able to compile and load the example designs just fine. I'm now at the stage of writing my code into this Pre-Initialized project. What I can't figure out in the INITIALIZED project is where are the physical PINS defined. I am totally aware of all the files that the MX/SW4STM32 create via UM1786. Without digging super deep into the great work that the HAL flow has done, I still want to look through the PROJECT files and see where the physical pins are defined. 

In my MAIN.c, I see PC.13 as my INTERRUPT pin in COMMENTS, this is the only way I know PC.13 is the PIN. The MAIN.c refers to this PIN as "EXTI line 15_10" which is connected to PC.13. I would also like to know what suffix "15_10" means.

Which file should I look into to see these physical PIN assignments? There has to be some file that shows this LABEL connected to the physical PIN.

Thanks for the great help.

2 REPLIES 2

Pins are often configured in the MSP file

>> I would also like to know what suffix "15_10" means.

Means 10 thru 15 inclusive. PC13 would fall within that range

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Well, not sure which one you're actually looking for:

• The file where CubeMX stores the project setting (and the pin selection in particular) is STM32CubeMX/db/plugins/boardmanager/boards/A32_Nucleo_NUCLEO-F303RE_STM32F303RE_Board.ioc.
  • The generated file containing the pin selection is STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.10.0/Drivers/BSP/STM32F3xx-Nucleo/stm32f3xx_nucleo.h. Just skim the project's *.h and *.c files for header files and check each one in turn ...