cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mission impossible: trying to install the firmware package for L152 on CubeMX

infoinfo971
Associate

I'm having issues while trying to generate a project for the L152. When I attempt to install the firmware package for this micro, CubeMX prompts me to log in. However, the login window displays some oscillating bars and then asks me to check the internet connection. Interestingly, when I click to check for updates, CubeMX successfully verifies the installed package versions using the network.

I tried to manually download and install the STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L1 series, but when I try to install the latest patch, 1-10-4, it indicates that it cannot find the file stm32cube_fw_l1_v1100.zip. The downloaded package is named stm32cube_fw_l1_v1-10-0.zip, so I attempted to rename it, but the same error persists.

In summary, creating a project for the L152 using CubeMX seems impossible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear all,

Seems the issue has been solved please check from your side.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bob S
Principal

I've had manually-downloaded patches also fail to install via the CubeMX GUI.  You can manually install the patch.  Find the dir that the 1.10 package is installed.  Then un-zip the patch file into that directory.  It does not matter that the directory name still has the 1.10.0 version in it.

SofLit
ST Employee

Dear all,

Seems the issue has been solved please check from your side.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.