cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST32L081 can not be programmed with firmware bigger than 128k with CubeProgrammer and UART-Bootloader.

VoWa
Associate III

Sorry, posted the wrong device before. Corrected that.

25 REPLIES 25

I'd be looking for anything interesting/remarkable in the upper address space of the FLASH

ie things looking out of place, large voids in the memory usage

I'd look at the .ELF output, and perhaps the .BIN and .HEX I could generate from that.

Currently assuming the tools have some arbitrary limit/ceiling for the L0, instead of reading the value programmed in by the tester.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
VoWa
Associate III

0693W000003PQBWQA4.jpg

I think there is something wrong with erase. In the "erase flash memory" tab the "last" start address is 0x801FF80. With that there will be nothing erased above 128k

VoWa
Associate III

@Mike_ST​ can you please give an short info about the actual status? Is the ticket available somewhere?

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Ticket is in our database, and I'm sorry but there is no update so far.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

As I asked for answer, I got one: No problem, it has been tested with 192kb sample hex.

Only thing I can do now is to give a failing hex file. So if you feel like share it...

I've made a simple sample with dummy data exceeding 128kb and it does not work with bootloader. 0693W000004H4sbQAC.jpg

VoWa
Associate III

When programming same file with ST-Link it works just fine.

0693W000004H4vLQAS.jpg

Mike_ST
ST Employee

STM32L081CZT6

VoWa
Associate III

Exactly, STM32L081CZT6.

Hello,

Tested with 192KB samples with CubeProg 2.5.0 and no issue found.

We are able to program with exactly the same file size as the customer with both ST-LINK and UART interfaces.

Please specify the ID of the Bootloader version.

0693W000004Im9hQAC.png

Regards,

Nesrine