Did you mean: 

CubeMX hides "SMPS enable" too well for users of STM32U5

BarryWhit
Senior III

Cube is very enthusiastic about reminding you to enable the SMPS on U5 chips

BarryWhit_0-1722303160893.png

And it's also infuriatingly coy about how one actually does this:

BarryWhit_1-1722303311773.png

Here is just the latest example of an understandably confused costumer.

I would like to see the warning message amended to give more specific instructions on how to do this,

(i.e. "enable low-power/power saving mode and then choose SMPS as the power regulator")

and the PWR pane should be modified to be more self-explanatory, either by reworking the options,

or the help strings, or both.

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.
2 REPLIES 2
BarryWhit
Senior III

Also, I believe this is a known bug but if it isn't it should be fixed - Cube should not issue a warning abouse enabling the SMPS for part numbers that don't have an SMPS (obviously).

cc @STTwo-32 .

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.
BarryWhit
Senior III

For future victims visitors:

SMPS.jpg

Isn't that just terrible? as the only way to resolve a warning message every customer who starts a cube project for STM32U5 sees? it really is, it's terrible.