Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q 'SMPS must be enabled to reach the best consumption figure'

diverger
Senior

Hi,

When using the .ioc to generate the code, it always shows:

- SMPS must be enabled to reach the best consumption figure.   SMPS can be enabled from the Pinout tab under PWR

How to get rid of this? Or just omit it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @diverger 

Is just a message that contain some tips that may help the user to reduce consumption or in other cases to make the code work more Fluently or.... If you are not using them, you just have to omit them. But you can't disable them. If you find this helpful, I've escalated your request (in the internal ticket number 187848) to the Cube team so they may consider this recommendation to disable/enable those pop-ups in the coming releases.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @diverger 

Is just a message that contain some tips that may help the user to reduce consumption or in other cases to make the code work more Fluently or.... If you are not using them, you just have to omit them. But you can't disable them. If you find this helpful, I've escalated your request (in the internal ticket number 187848) to the Cube team so they may consider this recommendation to disable/enable those pop-ups in the coming releases.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32,

I'm using CubeMX 6.10.0 and try to configure STM32U575.

I keep getting this message and don't see any option to enable SMPS under PWR

Texram_0-1722293946394.png

Texram_1-1722294032298.png

BarryWhit
Senior III

@Texram , there are two bugs here:

1. Cube gives you the warning about enabling the SMPS even for STM32U5 parts which do not contain an SMPS.

(can't reproduce this now, I must have confused projects with diff part numbers when checking this)

2. If the part does include an SMPS (part number includes a Q suffix), the UI buries the SMPS enable option 5 levels down:

SMPS.jpg

Now that's some mighty terrible UX right there.

I've started this bug-report thread

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.

Thanks for the info, BarryWhit.

BarryWhit
Senior III

@Texram , could you tell me which specific U575 you're working with and what CubeIDE version you're using? I thought I saw (bug 1) above, but I can't reproduce it now that ST has asked me to. Does your project use a xxxQ (i.e. with SMPS) part number?

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.

Hello @BarryWhit ,

Further to your comment, the SMPS is well removed from configuration of Power Saving Mode.

[ STM32U595xxxx] ; [STM32CubeMX 6.12.0]

We still have a waring Mentioned above.

MahmoudBenRomdhane_0-1722505321506.png

In fact, this problem has already been reported internally to the development team through ticket 166502.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane wrote: 

Further to your comment, the SMPS is well removed from configuration of Power Saving Mode.

[ STM32U595xxxx] ; [STM32CubeMX 6.12.0] 

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane , I'm not sure I understand you. What exactly do you mean by "the SMPS is well removed from configuration"? 

Thank you for confirming that STM32U595 parts lacking SMPS do indeed erroneously show the warning message. Glad to learn I wasn't hallucinating after all.

Hello,

In System power supply, STM32CubeMX 6.9.2 gives the opportunity to choose between LDO and SMPS as power regulator in [ STM32U595xxxx] . 

Knowing that STM32U595 MCU should not include SMPS and this issue was solved on STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

The same topic has been mentioned through this Thread.

STM32CubeMX 6.9.2

Screenshot (9).png

STM32CubeMX 6.11.0

STM32CubeMX 6.9.2.png

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Thank you.