cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Audio Device/Host Class 2.0 Middleware support?

Joyabb
Associate II

Hi,

I am using STM32H743 nucleo board. I am looking to configure the USB interface as Audio Class 2.0 device. Is there any middleware available to achieve this?

Does STM has any plan to support Audio Class 2.0 middleware? Current middleware only supports Audio Class 1.0.

Thanks,

Joyab

37 REPLIES 37

I've stepped through HAL ... and from what I have seen it is well written and as efficient as any "baremetal" register-level code I have seen.

There is not much to add after this... In reality the HAL code is ridiculously broken, bloated and just plain stupid on all levels from simple operations up to architecture and API. I gave a bunch of links reporting severe HAL flaws, but you are ignoring those in all of your posts. That's your (and ST's) choice, but it doesn't make those flaws go away, and it makes an objective discussion impossible.

As for expecting a decent software from ST's HAL/Cube team...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I haven't gone through your HAL flaws list, in our teams case, we find that HAL on the F407 works as expected.
What is a total utter ruin is the USB support, ST seem to have gone backwards since 2015, because today 2023 ST here in this forum are telling people to create "composite" USB devices by running say Audio on the FS and Coms Port on the OTG_HS!
As you can see in the image I posted on another thread tonight about USB composite devices, in 2015 ST fully supported composite devices, Audio, Coms, and even host for mouse and keyboard HID:-
https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubemx-mcus/how-to-create-a-stm32f4-usb-composite-device-cdc-uac-using/td-p/51719 
I complained to the president of the MCU division in Paris about the USB mess, and his team leader assure me that USB will be fully supported on AzRTOS by Xmas, "hopefully", with UAC 2 as well, but we don't want to use Microsoft's AzRTOS, but it looks like Microsft have pushed their way in, again!

MWB_CHa
ST Employee
Hello, A USBX Host Audio 2.0 example alpha package is available now on GitHub: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azrtos-h7/tree/dev/usbx/Projects/STM32H747I-DISCO/Applications/USBX/Ux_Host_Audio20 Kind Regards,

thx for info !

i tried import to cubeIDE...

but there is no IDE project with .ioc file, only for using IAR !

AScha3_0-1695894478037.png

so : STM developers not using STM32CubeIDE ?? or why ..?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

so : STM developers not using STM32CubeIDE ?? or why ..?

Pros don't use that beginners' crap! 😁

😉

hm -- seems so.

difficult to find out, what is missing or wrong...but now:

AScha3_0-1696578920979.png

just sd-card not working now , no physical read - but it worked before... :(

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

ST staff confirmed that they are working (that's one guy part-time) on USB support for H7 but it will only be available under Microsoft AzRTOS. They told me might be ready in December, maybe.  It's not a priority, so they told me.  I'm a bit shocked, USB is a core feature, and really do we all want to have to install Microsoft's AzRTOS?
The F407 USB support was good, multi-devices too, would have been great if they could have added UAV 2 support, but at least put the composite device USB UAV 1 on the H7 without AzRTOS, but... "it's not a priority".

Where is UAC2.0 on Device only ? On official website X-CUBE-USB-AUDIO is old UAC1.0 ...

Hello ST? Few months and you didn't change it ?