cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 6.5 and cubeIDE 1.9 have bug on running ADC for stm32h743vit6 Revision V

SeyyedMohammad
Senior III

Clock configuration for ADC is always grayed out also we can't chose prescalers (synchronous and asynchronous) for ADC kernel. ADCSEL can't change from IDE MX clock configuration, but changing it from 00 to any other in debug session before executing ad enabling will not cause peoblem.

Also no option to activate boost option which is related to ADC kernel frequency.

Please correct ADC clcok distributing problems and add boost options according to revisions for both.

Also clock distribution activation consequence from activating adc doesn't work,

0693W00000LzIEMQA3.pngHere PLL3R doesn't activate although the adc has been activated.

Clock parameter must be added in this form:

clock source: sync/async

clock prescaler: (the numbers are depends on two parameter above)

Calculate final clock feed to ADC: ----

Boost option. and view it's consequesnces on VDDA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello and Thank you for having reported this issue.

I escalated this request internally to involved people to take a closer look at the problem.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
TDK
Guru

Works here. Do you have pins assigned to the ADC?

0693W00000LzGc2QAF.png 

BOOST is enabled for VOS0, which is in RCC settings.

0693W00000LzGc7QAF.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is this the same issue as here? If so this is already reported bug in recent Cube (IDE 1.9).

Try to use older version such as 1.7.0/1.7.1

Does really the clock works for you on CUBEide 1.9 with stm32h746vit6? Then whats going wrong for me? Whay is your product exact model number?

What you means to assin pin to ADC I've activated Some ADC channel and that caused to asssign pin in pinout diagram.

and you can use asynch prescaler listed below?

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV1

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV2

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV4

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV6

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV8

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV10

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV12

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV16

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV32

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV64

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV128

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV256 

Where can we report bug? Yes These prescalers let adc enable:

ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV1

ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV2

ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV4      

But these prevent:

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV1

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV2

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV4

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV6

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV8

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV10

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV12

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV16

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV32

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV64

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV128

ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV256 

@SeyyedMohammad​ Could you confirm that you have v. 1.9 please?

Because with v 1.7.0 I see different behavior: cannot select any ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK* options. Only ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC*.

The crux of it is that on picture above in TDK's reply, the "ADC clock mux" applies only to the ASYNC divisor options. The SYNC options are derived from a different clock (HCLK), not shown in the Cube GUI. And there's a lot of fine print in the RM about differences in behavior with SYNC vs ASYNC clock sources.

Yes (image attached) it is. and I read everything about adc clock (rc clock gating) path in RM.​ Your experiences are contradict to mine which only can use synchro (CORE CLOCK) and asynchro if ADCSEL or ADCSRC are not set to pll2p. And all ADC clock path are grates out in clock configuration. And no clock prescaler settings are generated.

I​

Just for kicks I edited the ,ioc file and changed ADC1.ClockPrescaler and ADC2.ClockPrescaler from ADC_CLOCK_ASYNC_DIV4 to ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV2

Then the ADC mux in clock config becomes greyed out. OK, it is no longer used.

But the ADC config gets an error icon on it, and the prescaler SYNC options in the drop-down are still greyed out.

Can you also please give an abstract conclusion from your comment? My english grammer is weak, sorry.

Have you changed the .ioc ADCx.prescaler manually?