cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error unknown nature on STM32Cube IDE after update

VRami.1
Associate III

Hi all, how are you?. I'm making a project with an STM32F401VE and I've updated the IDE, after that there are about ten dependencies that says something related to inknown dependencies and the .ioc project doesn't opens. I read some over there and some other people had the same problem after the STM32Cube IDE was updated, currently for me is showing this problem with the version Version: 1.5.1, Build: 9029_20201210_1234 (UTC).

I tried also to import the project or creating a new project but the behavior is the same. How could this problem be solved?

In the meantime I will simply reinstall the IDE

40 REPLIES 40

Eclipse common way to revert update is to rely on About dialog (Help > About) .

Press Installation details button then move to Installation history tab. From here you should be able to revert an update if your tool is not fully corrupted.

For me the first in your list

MLE S.1
Associate III

problem solved for me like this :

• uninstall stm32cube ide
  • re-install stm32cube ide 1.5.0
  • update to 1.5.1
  • install dark theme after

I've got extra try myself.

Doing the following all is working fine too:

• install stm32cube ide 1.5.0
  • install dark theme
  • update to 1.5.1

I guess issue root is deeper than 1.5.0 then. I've seen if @VRami.1​, his log file is pointing to some 1.3.0 workspace.

Mutiple updates, major updates under the hood (Eclipse platform update from 2019.09 - 1.3.0 STM32CubeIDE basis - to 2020.06 - 1.5.x STM32CubeIDE basis - , then dark theme which is 2020.12 compliant ....) maybe too much updates ....

Before your hint came, I used the force method. I deleted the folder with the STM32CudeIDE installation (well, I lost the link to the uninstaller) and the new one installed (v1.5.0), then the update to v1.5.1. And now it works!

Reinhard Panhuber
Associate II

I dont have the dark theme app installed but i use eGit and i use workspaces comming from version 1.1. I am not sure the dark theme app is to blame...

i also use eGit

Latest trial still ok:

• install stm32cube ide 1.3.0
  • install dark theme
  • update to 1.5.1

This trial is KO:

• install stm32cube ide 1.3.0
  • install EGit
  • update to 1.5.1

Sounds trouble if EGIT ... what's a pain because common basis

Same here, the one from DevStyle