cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error unknown nature on STM32Cube IDE after update

VRami.1
Associate III

Hi all, how are you?. I'm making a project with an STM32F401VE and I've updated the IDE, after that there are about ten dependencies that says something related to inknown dependencies and the .ioc project doesn't opens. I read some over there and some other people had the same problem after the STM32Cube IDE was updated, currently for me is showing this problem with the version Version: 1.5.1, Build: 9029_20201210_1234 (UTC).

I tried also to import the project or creating a new project but the behavior is the same. How could this problem be solved?

In the meantime I will simply reinstall the IDE

40 REPLIES 40

Hi VRami.1, Thank you for sending the log file and reporting the problem. I will ask our developers to look into it. Currently there is no full installer available for version 1.5.1 so if the update does not work you will have to use v1.5.0 until the problem can be solved. I hope you can continue your work with the older version of STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks @EJOHA​ . Look, I'm suspecting right now that the problem is not caused by the Cube IDE update but an eclipse extension called dark theme from dev-style, it is found in the marketplace and I've been using by a long time, but after reinstall the 1.5.0 version of the Cube IDE I installed the eGit extension and the dark theme extension and the IDE started to fail without updating the IDE, it can't found the default editor and opens the files with the default editor of the computer, or may be are both. What is strange to me is that the dark theme extension was added in my Cube IDE installation in july last year, unless the updated the extension and that extensions had a failure too but like I said, right now I have the version 1.5.0 without updates and after install the dark theme extension it started to fail, it can't even find the resources related to the stm32 compilation.

Reinhard Panhuber
Associate II

Hi, same problem happended here; windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

I updated from 1.4 and now after updating to 1.5.1 even my build button is grayed out!

EJOHA
Senior

Hi Reinhard,

Please try to install the full version of 1.5.0 first and then upgrade to 1.5.1. Let me know how it works.

It was mentioned in this post that the problem could have been caused by having installed the "dark theme" plugin.

Please let me know also if you have installed the "dark theme" plugin.

I also have the eGit extension installed, but nothing else beside of this.

MLE S.1
Associate III

Same issue after an update from 1.5 to 1.5.1 ... How can i return to 1.5.0 because now i can't build a project !!!

MLE S.1
Associate III

Also have installed "dark theme"

Just curious. Which dark theme contribution are you relying on. So many available:

0693W000006GRkWQAW.jpg

KSzcz.2
Associate

I confirm the same problem. In my case: Windows 10, upgrade from v1.5.0, project imported from file system, no "dark theme" (Enable theming - off)

BTW Is it possible to withdraw the broken version from the update center to avoid frustration of unaware of problem users?