cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error unknown nature on STM32Cube IDE after update

VRami.1
Associate III

Hi all, how are you?. I'm making a project with an STM32F401VE and I've updated the IDE, after that there are about ten dependencies that says something related to inknown dependencies and the .ioc project doesn't opens. I read some over there and some other people had the same problem after the STM32Cube IDE was updated, currently for me is showing this problem with the version Version: 1.5.1, Build: 9029_20201210_1234 (UTC).

I tried also to import the project or creating a new project but the behavior is the same. How could this problem be solved?

In the meantime I will simply reinstall the IDE

40 REPLIES 40
JGarc.5
Associate III

Hi,

My stm32cubeide 1.5.1 crashed after upgrading from the application (not able to build, "nature" problems like Johnny )

After uninstalling and installing 1.5.1 from scratch, I was able to build projects (imported and converted from old workspace)

After installing eGit, the problem came back again

LDelm.1
Associate II

i have the same problem with EGit and version 1.5.1.

When the plugin is installed stmcubeide crash.

i try reinstalling but it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell us how to solve it please.

ST has finally published 1.5.1 installers on www.st.com: STM32CubeIDE - Integrated Development Environment for STM32 - STMicroelectronics

Did you still get issue relying on it ?

Which OS are you relying on ?

ST has finally published 1.5.1 installers on www.st.comSTM32CubeIDE - Integrated Development Environment for STM32 - STMicroelectronics

Did you still get issue relying on it ?

Which OS are you relying on ?

last friday i downloaded that installer .

i installed it from scrath and the problem persist.

Im using Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10. I already used the 1.5.1 installer on Friday

Julien D
ST Employee

The problem here is about the JRE version.

STM32CubeIDE embeds Java8 while, because of a 3rd-party installation (eGit, etc...), an indirect core dependency is updated and depends on Java11.

How to solve it

Notice: STM32CubeIDE has not been entirely validated on Java11, I strongly suggest to keep a backup of the jre folder.

1. Download Java11 from AdoptOpenJDK, binary archive not installer (https://adoptopenjdk.net/archive.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot)
  2. Go to STM32CubeIDE root directory and rename jre/ to jre.backup/
  3. Unpack Java11 archive and rename it to jre/
  4. (good practice: report any troubles you could face with Java11 on ST Community, but clearly state that the JRE version is not the default)

thank you, this work for me

CsBe
Associate II

Thank you for the great support!

Sorry, next time I will check the ST Community first.

👍

I have a similar warning: "Unknown referenced nature: fr.ac6.mcu.ide.core.MCUProjectNature"

I am unable to apply the fix as per @Julien D.

STM32CUbeIDE root has no jre/ subdirectory in my case (Windows10 64bit professional)

Johi_0-1690706801421.png

Current version (directory name 1.8.0 is remanent of first install)

Johi_2-1690706958844.png