cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create BLE Mesh project for STM32WB (STM32WB55) from blank in CubeIDE?

VFuch.1
Associate II

Hello. I have very simple question: how create from blank (new project and next) in CubeIDE for SMT32WB55 (Nucleo) for BLE Mesh project (say, PRFNode analog from yours ready projects)? I don't found any description or algorithm for that not in AN5292, not in MOOCs. All examples - with ready projects. I know about ST BLE Mesh library. Maybe, there is method like: create BLE project with such configuration for BLE middleware (config in CubeIDE) and copy-paste list of files to needed directories for it?

Yes, i don't want use "ready project BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode" for my idea, i want to create project from blank and add to it PRFNode functionality but with my configuration for GPIOs, USART, I2C and so on. But HOW for CubeIDE?

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VFuch.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Have a look at the attached presentation.

Hope this helps you!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Please find attached the STM32WB getting started for BLE Mesh application.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN​ , thank you. Nice presentation (overview) for WB55, but no answer for my question.

Thank for your answer, @Imen DAHMEN​ . But i have see such presentation at MOOC for Lab 1. Such is for BLE application (almost same for similar application for STM32WB55 from earlier MOOC for it). How to create BLE application I know. But this is only BLE, not Mesh Node.

VFuch.1
Associate II

So, Does anyone know how to create mesh project from CubeIDE (CubeMX) fro STM32WB55? Exactly mesh node, not only BLE? Maybe some like: create project for custom template for server (it's looks logical) and then need to make some special steps? Like copy-paste some files from ST Mesh Library to some folders in project and include them to project files? Which? Where? And so on. Dear ST, you create super SoC chip, but such small peace of information... Really needed, but I can't find any information in all your documentation for STM32WB series and for CubeIDE/CubeMX.

CGali.2
Associate III

I have the same problem. Did you figure out how to do it?

Nope. Official answer from support:

unfortunately you cannot create a project with BLE Mesh because this function is not there (Such functionality is not planned to be added in the near future. ). You have to use an example available on Git (repository) and modify it to suit your needs.

So, my company decided to use other supplier.