cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK UART and WIFI connection

User1340
Associate II

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a project where I want to transmit some data to the cloud using the STM32H7B3I-DK board. However, I've encountered difficulties in establishing serial communication with this board. I've tried enabling SPI communication and also enabling UART using available examples, but neither of these attempts were successful. Has anybody successfully established this serial communication and connection to WIFI? Is there any additional documentation or tips on how to do it?

PS. I have simple code that calls HAL_UART_Transmit() function, the code executes but I couldn't see anything on Command Shell Console. I have set the baud rate of the port, UART and console to 115200 and set 8 data bits with odd parity.

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Hi,

I had a working code using FreeRTOS, I followed the example provided in the Clock And Weather demonstration and for the mqtt I used Paho Mqtt Library and replaced the functions in MQTTFreeRTOS.c with those provided by STM32 Network Library, but lately I was having issues with my integrated Inventek module, I don't know excatly what happened after upgrading my firmware as well as my STM32Cube... working environment, It no longer Connect to my network (Joining using AT command : C0\r)
I can see available APs but an ES_WIFI_STATUS_UNEXPECTED_CLOSED_SOCKET. Check if it happens for you and keep me updated. Here is the links you need.

You can find the Clock And Weather Example in the downloadable CubeH7 Patch:
STM32CubeH7 - STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 series (HAL, Low-Layer APIs and CMSIS, USB, TCP/IP, File system, RTOS, Graphic - and examples running on ST boards) - STMicroelectronics

STM32 Network Library : STM32CubeH7/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Network_Library at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com)

Paho MQTT Library : eclipse/paho.mqtt.embedded-c: Paho MQTT C client library for embedded systems. Paho is an Eclipse IoT project (https://iot.eclipse.org/) (github.com)

One more thing, the communication with the Inventek WIFI Module uses SPI Protocol (Clock And Weather Project), You can take a look at the Module's User Manual for communication guide: AT CMD's (inventeksys.com)

I am unable to run that example. I am getting the Run Simulator failed if I am using TouchGFX application. I am only able to excute this example if I run .hex file that I found somewhere on Google but I cannot decode that .hex file so I can see the exact code. 
My intentions were to connect to WIFI without using touch screen. I wanted to establish this communication with programming in STM32CubeIDE. I cannot believe that the documentation about this board is this poor, never faced something similar...

Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

I agree that documentation for this board is poor, but you need to walkthrough the Clock And Weather Code and recreate a new project from it exluding the touchgfx part, just use the wifi related functions without FreeRTOS, and don't forget to include the libraries paths.

Give me your email I'll send you a simple project that send a simple http/https request.