cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F3, STM32G4: Similarities/Differences: Is there a table / summary / porting guide of the similarities/differences between these families?

TwelveSquared
Senior

The STM32G4 Series main page (here: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32-32-bit-arm-cortex-mcus/stm32-mainstream-mcus/stm32g4-series.html) says "A high degree of compatibility with the STM32F3 Series guarantees outstanding efficiency when designing derivatives of applications at different performance levels."

Where can I find more information on this compatibility and, again, similarities / differences?

4 REPLIES 4

AN5310 sort of...

JW

@Vincent Onde​  gave this list of 'G4 ANs in the 2019 wishlist:

• AN5346: STM32G4 ADC use tips and recommendations
  • AN5306: Operational Amplifier (OPAMP) usage in STM32G4 Series
  • AN4232: Getting started with analog comparators for STM32F3 Series and STM32G4 Series devices
  • AN4539: HRTIM Cookbook (updated for the G4 and HRTIMV2, also includes some C snippets)
  • AN5325: Getting started with the CORDIC accelerator using STM32CubeG4 MCU Package
  • AN5305: Digital filter implementation with the FMAC using STM32CubeG4 MCU Package
  • AN4767: On-the-fly firmware update for dual bank STM32 microcontrollers (the “on-the-fly�? feature is new and was developed for the G4)

not exactly a migration AN - ST stopped making these long time ago - but some of them may be useful (plus the mentioned AN5310)

JW

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello @TwelveSquared​  & @Community member​ ,

I don't agree that "ST stopped making these long time ago"; we continue to deliver the migration guides.

We have an application note for "Migrating between STM32F334/303 lines and STM32G474xx/G431xx microcontrollers". It is AN5094.

There was an issue to make it available on the web and now it is fixed.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Amel,

Thanks.

Okay, so I'm looking forward to the 'F4-to-'G4 and 'L4-to-'G4 migration ANs... 😉

But what I'd really love to see is a serious update of AN3364, or separate per-peripheral ANs detailing differences of peripherals between all STM32 families (maybe even reaching to STM8s where applicable).

Jan