cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product recommendation for patient monitor

jr_engr_mbed
Associate III

Hi, I am seeking product recommendations from you for developing our project using an NXP board. We require a simple and cost-efficient board suitable for a medical patient monitor. Key considerations include interfacing with a 12-lead ECG module (SPI port), a temperature sensor, NIBP, SpO2, and a TFT display interface port. Additionally, the system should be capable of printing the ECG wave on a thermal printer. The LCD panel should be easy to interface with. We prefer a board with an M4 processor or one capable of utilizing memory for storage. The price range we are considering is between $0-100. I am attaching a rough block diagram to give you a better idea of our requirements

Updating Media

also,i got few suggestion in nxp product,so plz compare to them, and give equivalent or better than it.i give links

This is LPC5462x link:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not an expert of MIPI-DSI interface but STM32 MCUs support maximum two lanes (differential D0 and D1 data) but your LCD has 4 lanes (differential D0, D1, D2 and D3 data bus). So check your LCD spec if it has a configuration that could work with two lanes.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
STOne-32
ST Employee

 Dear @jr_engr_mbed ,

Welcome in our Community !  If also the Medical device is battery powered , I would recommend to explore the STM32U5 MCUs running at 160MHz Cortex-M33 : and here is our latest DK - Discovey board 

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32u5g9j-dk2.html#overview

IMG_6304.jpeg

Ideally you can reach us for your application use case and put  you in contact with regional colleagues close to you location .

Cheers,

STOne-32 

thank you for recommended product, before using for medical purpose,for testing purpose , here we decided togo for simpler mcu like stm32f405xx or stm32f407xx ..IS stm32F4 discovery board can be sufficient for using 1080pHD display for ECG wave from ads1298 module where print the waveform in thermal printer(8inch) from display(7 or 10inch).
if this is capable of doing , then please give link for display product suits the board and any interface display to board driver module and necessary drivers.

also,i already have a mipi android display, is that can be used for us.?
i attached necessary files below.

please.help me for clearly go for purcase of  stm product confidently. 

regards
vishwahnadhan(R&D dept)

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 9.12.59 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 5.27.00 PM (1).jpeg

Hello,

Refer to this AN.

stm32F407 MCU doesn't feature MIPI-DSI.

This is the list of devices featuring MIPI-DSI host peripheral:

SofLit_0-1706604411468.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jr_engr_mbed
Associate III

jr_engr_mbed_0-1706606362542.png

is this board used for the display i have,?

I'm not an expert of MIPI-DSI interface but STM32 MCUs support maximum two lanes (differential D0 and D1 data) but your LCD has 4 lanes (differential D0, D1, D2 and D3 data bus). So check your LCD spec if it has a configuration that could work with two lanes.

Hi, how are you? Thank you for your support with the STM32. After discussing with our seniors, they advised us to develop the patient monitoring system in the quickest and easiest way possible. The first step is to display the ECG waveform from the ADS1298 module, using a suitable board.

This board should  Primarily, it needs to be compatible with a TFT display of around 1080x800 resolution. We are considering the STM32F769NI-DISCO board, but have some doubts about it:

1. Is this board capable of supporting an external high-definition display with 1080x800 resolution via MIPI or a 24-bit parallel interface?

2. Do we need any additional components for using the GPIOs and other peripherals?

3. Is the board's RAM sufficient for managing an external display and other components that may be added in the future?"

i think this board has new to market..so,it have less details and content ..so,for not using battery for testing prupose,we are not concern about presently on power consumption..so, is stm32f769-disco0 is capable of doing similar..as enough need for our project..