cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in selecting a dev board

laffelt
Associate

I have over 25 years in embedded design but I am new to ST and ARM cores. I am looking at the STM32 MCU's to replace a 32bit MCU I am already using, the only feature I don't need is the graphics system as we have our own GUI hardware and firmware. I need at least 2M of code, preferably able to move up to 4M when needed without respinning the boards. What dev board and core would you more experienced developers recommend for me to get started with? No special needs except for USB, CAN, UART, SPI, QSPI, and I2C ports to connect all my standard peripheral devices. 

TIA!

Larry Affelt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @laffelt, to the community!

Well, there are quite a few boards that meet your needs, although your information is not quite sufficient for an exact selection. For example, it is not clear what you want to do with USB and whether FS is sufficient or you need HS OTG etc. You can either filter the STM32 online yourself, or look at the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 or the NUCLEO-H745ZIQ, for example.

There are other boards in older families, but a flash upgrade to 4MB is not expected soon.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @laffelt, to the community!

Well, there are quite a few boards that meet your needs, although your information is not quite sufficient for an exact selection. For example, it is not clear what you want to do with USB and whether FS is sufficient or you need HS OTG etc. You can either filter the STM32 online yourself, or look at the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 or the NUCLEO-H745ZIQ, for example.

There are other boards in older families, but a flash upgrade to 4MB is not expected soon.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
laffelt
Associate

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your feedback, my USB needs are simple, we use flash drives to import and export data and perform bootloader updates of the firmware. I have been looking at the Nucleo boards so thanks for your input.

Larry