cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 ADCs and 5Khz sampling frequency, 15 thousand readings per second, for 2 minutes. How to solve it?

Dimi_Island
Visitor

Hello,

I have two core boards:

1st: Nucleo-64 with STM32L476RGT6U 64 pins, 1Mb of flash memory and 128 Kbytes of SRAM.

2nd: Nucleo-144 with STM32F429ZIT6U with 144 pins, 2Mb of flash memory and 256+4 Kbytes of SRAM.

I have a little experience only with PIC18F and I am new to STM32 and CUBE IDE, I just took a course on these tools.

I have a project to develop, which involves reading 3 analog readings at a frequency between 5 and 20 Khz, for a period of at least 2 minutes. These readings will be made or more, during the entire process of monitoring a mechanical weld.

So there are 15 thousand readings X 120 seconds = 1,800,000 readings.

1- Can I use one of the core boards, I have to develop this project using ADC with continuous buffer and perhaps DMA together? Is this type of configuration correct?

2- Considering 12 or 16-bit readings, are they capable of storing all this information in RAM during the entire process?

3- If these MCUs are not capable, which other do you recommend for me to test in this application? I am just gathering information to start the project and have not yet defined the MCU.

4- Although it is not the focus of this forum, is there any resource or protocol that I could use to send this information to the cloud at the end of each welding process and create a graph to analyze the information? Could anyone give me a tip on what I could research to use?

Basically, the project needs to read all this information and also read a digital input from an encoder, and at the end of the process, save this information on an SD card or preferably send it to a server or website to create a graph of the various readings made during the process.

5- What is the best way for me to do this?

Thank you very much for your attention dedicated to helping me.

0 REPLIES 0