cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure clock to achieve datasheet MCU current consumption?

Hussain
Associate

I have the NUCLEO-G431RB, and I am trying to measure the MCU current consumption in different operation modes and frequencies. I have connected a multimeter at JP6 (IDD) to monitor the current. The problem is when I set the frequency (f HCLK) as stated in the datasheet the readings I got are very different from the one in the datasheet. You can see in Figure 1 an example of what I did in configuring the clock trying to get similar values as in the datasheet in Figure 2.

Hussain_0-1729684445252.png

Figure 1

Hussain_1-1729684582168.png

the current value I got is 29mA.

I want to know exactly how I should configure the clock in a proper way to get the correct readings

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Hussain 

Are you sure all peripherals are disabled, prefetch is of, cashe is of, debug is disactivated.... Also, you need to make sure that temperture is exactly 25°. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I did not activate any peripherals, also 'Cashe' ON and 'Prefetch' OFF as the datasheet states. I did set them both OFF and no changes happened.

Could you show me in detail how can I set the MCU settings correctly?
It is probably that I missed something that led to the wrong setup.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Hussain wrote:

I have the NUCLEO-G431RB, and I am trying to measure the MCU current consumption in different operation modes and frequencies. I have connected a multimeter at JP6 (IDD) to monitor the current.

Are you sure that excludes all current to other things on the board - eg, the ST-Link?

Show the code you are using to perform this test - see the posting tips for instructions:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228