cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(5.Y.4) Errors since upgrade to 5.Y.4 when building project with Cube IDE (and error "ST Intranet updater server unknown" in Workbench code generation)

ALedi.1
Associate III

Hello, I recently moved to the new 5.Y.4 version of the SDK because I am using a custom PCB based on STSPIN32G4 with external OPAMP resistor network (external gain) and after hours of searching I found out that 5.Y.3 doesnt support OPAMP in standalone mode due to a bug which has apparently been fixed in 5.Y.4, but now that I moved to the new version and do the workbench project new from scratch and building the code, I get the error "ST Intranet updater server unknown" (I get this even with standard settings) and in CubeIDE there are also errors when building the project which are not linked to any certain .c or .h file, the error occurs in the linker block as it appears.

0693W00000NsoRMQAZ.png0693W00000NsoQxQAJ.pngany help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello,

There are two different points in your issue:

• the "ST Intranet updater server unknown" error is coming from STM32CubeMx. It is currently being addressed but I do not know when this will be made available. Note that this issue is not a real one for MCSDK: Despite these errors, the project gets fully generated and should be OK.
  • The build issue you face comes from the presence of parenthesizes in the file path name: "C:\Users\***\(5.Y.4) Test\(5.Y.4) Test.ioc". STM32CubeIDE unfortunately fails to escape them correctly sometimes and they get interpreted by the underlying shell. This issue has been reported to the STM32CubeIDE team.

I hope it will help.

Best Regards,

Fred

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

There seems to be a lot of posts reporting that message lately:

https://community.st.com/s/global-search/Intranet

@Imen DAHMEN​  @Laura C.​ - perhaps someone from ST could pull them all together?

ALedi.1
Associate III

the compiler error in cube IDE has been solved, the project name contained a parenthesis ( which caused an error.

Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello,

There are two different points in your issue:

• the "ST Intranet updater server unknown" error is coming from STM32CubeMx. It is currently being addressed but I do not know when this will be made available. Note that this issue is not a real one for MCSDK: Despite these errors, the project gets fully generated and should be OK.
  • The build issue you face comes from the presence of parenthesizes in the file path name: "C:\Users\***\(5.Y.4) Test\(5.Y.4) Test.ioc". STM32CubeIDE unfortunately fails to escape them correctly sometimes and they get interpreted by the underlying shell. This issue has been reported to the STM32CubeIDE team.

I hope it will help.

Best Regards,

Fred

ALedi.1
Associate III

thank you for the answer! just in the same moment I found the cause of the error too.

@AL.8edig​ Please mark the solution so that others can see that it's solved:

0693W000008y9fZQAQ.png@AL.8edig​