cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWLC98 and STWLC38 TX Mode

simonh
Associate II

Hello,

Is there already a solution available to use the STWLC98 or the STWLC38 in TX mode? Is there any application note or some other more detailed description for the TX mode?

My problem is the following:

I want to transmit 15W, but the STWBC86 can only transmit 5W. So I have to deal with the STWBC2-HP, but this one is too big for my application and has too much functionality I do not need. Furthermore it would be nice if I can use the same IC on RX and TX side.

Thank you

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi

STWLC98 support TX mode, please check this link at page 44 5.15 Transmitter (Tx) mode

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
willzhou
ST Employee

@simonh Do you have STWLC98 EVB board on hand?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@simonh board is available 

STEVAL-WLC98RX - eStore - STMicroelectronics

STEVAL-WLC98RX - Wireless power receiver evaluation board for Qi EPP and up to 50 W applications - STMicroelectronics

I have seen it, but it is not yet in stock at any supplier. But I think it is not possible to Transmit Power with the Evalboard without adapting it. In the Application note there is mentioned, that the parts for TX mode are not assembled.

@simonh 

Thanks for notice me, it will be on stock soon, 

Can you share me the volume of this 15W application?