cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBUUI.inf driver fails to install when using IBUUI Board Updater

DSabo
Associate III

Hi,

I am trying to use a STEVAL_PCC009V2 board connected to a EVAL6474H board to drive a stepper motor.

When I run the SPIN eval software I get a notice that the firmware is not the latest and I need to update it. I just ordered the board, but it shows as FW0.0. I have a ST-Link/V2 to program with, so I downloaded the IBUUI Board Updater, but it fails when I start the program with an error installing IBUUI.inf driver and exits.

I need to get this up and running ASAP so I can use it to move a stepper motor to evaluate the L6474.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @DSabo​,

you can find all the info for the manual update using the ST-LINK/V2 programmer in the documentation of SPINFamily Evaluation Tool.

In the user manual UM2022 (Appendix A at page 80):

the firmware can be updated

using the ST-LINK/V2 programmer or an equivalent tool.

1. Install the STM32 ST-LINK utility software
  2. Run the software
  3. Connect the STEVAL-PCC009V2 to the PC through the USB cable and to the ST-LINK/V2 through the 20 poles connector
  4. Open the firmware file (fwpsin_pcc009v2_XXXX.hex). The file is located in the “Firmware�? folder in the installation folder of the SPINFamily evaluation tool. By default a shortcut to the folder can be found in Start menu > All programs > STMicroelectronics > SPINFamily Evaluation Tool.
  5. Click on the “Connect to the target�? button.
  6. Click on the “Program verify�? button.
  7. Wait until the end of the process.
  8. Close the application and reset the board.

Let me know if you were able to make the update successfully, if so please "Select as Best" button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @DSabo​,

you can find all the info for the manual update using the ST-LINK/V2 programmer in the documentation of SPINFamily Evaluation Tool.

In the user manual UM2022 (Appendix A at page 80):

the firmware can be updated

using the ST-LINK/V2 programmer or an equivalent tool.

1. Install the STM32 ST-LINK utility software
  2. Run the software
  3. Connect the STEVAL-PCC009V2 to the PC through the USB cable and to the ST-LINK/V2 through the 20 poles connector
  4. Open the firmware file (fwpsin_pcc009v2_XXXX.hex). The file is located in the “Firmware�? folder in the installation folder of the SPINFamily evaluation tool. By default a shortcut to the folder can be found in Start menu > All programs > STMicroelectronics > SPINFamily Evaluation Tool.
  5. Click on the “Connect to the target�? button.
  6. Click on the “Program verify�? button.
  7. Wait until the end of the process.
  8. Close the application and reset the board.

Let me know if you were able to make the update successfully, if so please "Select as Best" button.