cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Bug In STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 When Migrating Projects

Dub Bartolec
Associate III

We have project for STM32F405 configured and code generated with STM32Cube 5.x.x.x.

After installing Version 6.0.0.0 and when project was migrated to STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 and code regenerated, all IRQ priorities for peripherals (UART, SPIs, I2C, USB, etc) were set to 0 instead to 5. Firmware compiled but it was crashing in various parts.

Details from IOC file:

Original File:

MxCube.Version=5.6.1

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.60

Migrated File:

MxCube.Version=6.0.0

MxDb.Version=DB.6.0.0

All IRQ priorities set to 0. Had to manually change them to 5 in order to get firmware running again.

We also have project for STM32L072 and on that MCU Version 6.0.0.0 also migrates all IRQ priorites to 0. Had to be fixed manually.

This seems to be fairly serious fault that is pretty much show stopper for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

A new STM32CubeMX release will delivered to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Nesrine

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Dub Bartolec
Associate III

I've raised a ticket with STM32 support team.

Hopefully they'll suggest solution.

Hello @Dub Bartolec​ 

Thanks for the feedback, issue reported to the tool development team that will plan the correction.

Best regards,

Nesrine

Hello,

A new STM32CubeMX release will delivered to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Nesrine

awiernie
Senior II

We have seen the same. Using the latest version of the configurator some settings had disappeared, irq 0 instead of irq 5 on some places.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @awiernie​ @Dub Bartolec​  ,

STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 release solving this issue is available now , you can get it from ST website .

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are analyzing the issue to learn and improve our upcoming releases.

Best regards,

Houda

Dub Bartolec
Associate III

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ ,

Thanks for quick resolution.

Regards

dwei.11
Associate II

@Houda GHABRI​ 

hi,this​ problem is still there in stm32cubemx 6.0.1。 the irq priority is still set to 0 instead of 5. and what is worse is that in the stm32cubemx 6.0.1 , I create a new project using freertos + lwip to achieve "ping" is not working any more. bug in the stm32cubemx 5.x.x work well。

dwei.11
Associate II

@Dub Bartolec​  the problem is still there, be careful

Hi @dwei.1​ ,

Yeah I am aware of it. They haven't fixed it at all !

They've just put some warning that priorites need to be set manually.

I had lengthy (and angry) rant in another thread about it.

What a joke. They stuffed up functionality that worked very well for 10+ years !