cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA UART8 (circular mode) is not working on newest version of CUBEMX and Nucleo STM32F767ZI

JMJV
Associate II

Dear technical support 

I'd like to notify you that seems that there is an error in you CUBE version 4.24 until the latest one 5.1 (i checked one by one and there is an error with the DMA RX in circular) 

Before (with previous CUBE versions) I was using the Nucleo-STM32F767ZI and I was able to communicate continuously through the UART 8 in DMA mode (circular RX). However, now that I updated my .ioc file to the newest CUBE versions I'm not able to continues receive information in Rx, i.e. it only receive the information in Rx one time and the values are not updated (values sent by an external terminal), then if I press the reset button on the Nucleo board the value is updated. It doesn't matter if I select Rx as Normal or Circular mode, there are not changes at all. 

I'm attaching my CUBE file to take a look, I have to mentioned that I downgrade the version (Cube 4.24) in order to see if the problem was with the version Cube 5.1 but still the same not able to have changes with the DMA UART8 Rx(circular mode)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JMJV
Associate II

Thank you so much for your attention, at the end I was able to solve the problem, it was just a matter to enable the pull-up for the UART8 communication with the external module UM232H

best

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

This issue will be checked internally and we will come back to you soon.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

​Hi @JMJV​ 

Could you please send me your test code and the software used for the generation code in order to check the problem ?

Regards,

Nesrine.

JMJV
Associate II

Thank you so much for your attention, at the end I was able to solve the problem, it was just a matter to enable the pull-up for the UART8 communication with the external module UM232H

best