cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CMSIS 5.8.0 in CubeIDE

ENord.2
Associate

I want to use the newer version of the CMSIS DSP library in my project with an stm32f767zi, but I can't get the code to compile without errors relating all the functions found under CMSIS/DSP/Source. With older versions of CMSIS DSP I've followed the guide: 'Configuring DSP libraries on STM32CubeIDE' (I cannot post links as a new user)

But this is now out of date since CMSIS updated their file structures...

I've tried to include the library manually, which works for 'arm_math.h', but not for all of the functions. I would like to be able to use all of the filtering functions which are also present in CMSIS 5.9.0, but this does not work at all it seems since I get errors while installing it through the 'manage software packs' section.

Has anyone managed to use version 5.8.0 with CubeIDE?

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ENord.2
Associate

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm using CubeIDE 1.12.0 and I finally got it to work!!

I only needed to exclude the ARM_CMSIS/CMSIS/DSP/Source folder from the project.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @eric Nordén​,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community and thank you for having reported your issue.

> I've followed the guide: 'Configuring DSP libraries on STM32CubeIDE' (I cannot post links as a new user)

To post link: you should select the text, then click on this icon:

0693W00000biIKfQAM_image.png 

About your reported issue, it will be better to share your screenshot with more details about the error message.

Which CubeIDE version used?

Can you check if you select the "Project Settings" option, into STM32CubeMX: “add necessary library files as reference…�? to make sure adding the missing files from the Pack repository and not from the user environment.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ENord.2
Associate

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm using CubeIDE 1.12.0 and I finally got it to work!!

I only needed to exclude the ARM_CMSIS/CMSIS/DSP/Source folder from the project.

Glad to hear you made it work and thanks for updating your post.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Just created a new H7 project in the latest STMCubeIDE 1.13.1 selecting CMSIS 5.8.0 and STM have still not fixed the issue.

I can't exclude the include line you mention as it doesn't exist in our projects, we have just CMSIS\Include.

Adding the following lines to the include allowed it to compile but there are link errors, there must be a single include to fix this issue?

C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/FastMathsFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/SVMFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/SupportFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/StatisticsFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/QuaternionMathFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/MatrixFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/InterpolationFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/FilteringFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/DistanceFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/ComplexMathFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/ControllerFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/CommonTables/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/BayesFunctions/
C:/Users/YourUser/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.8.0/CMSIS/DSP/Source/BasicMathFunctions/

Could you explain what exactly you did?