cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube Mx and Keil Cannot read project error.

Mutlu.Mert
Associate III
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 15:56

I created project in cubemx and opened in keil but i changed my computer and installed new keil,  i couldn't open projects  cubemx built. I don't know what is the problem ? I took some screen shots about my problem. 

Also i cand open my old projects with keil. I don't know why last version is not opening ? 

Thanks a lot.

#keil-mdk5 #stm32cube #stm32f3
6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 17:24

Hello,

Maybe the keil is not properly installed !  P

lease share your .ioc file to check your issue. 

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Mutlu.Mert
Associate III
Posted on November 14, 2017 at 08:16

Firstly thanks for your helps. I have already re-installed keil but again i faced same error(CANNOT READ PROJECT FILE). Here is .ioc file. What should i do for beat that problem ?

With warmest regards.

Attachments :

M1.ioc.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HxV0&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b5j%2Fbe6izq7nuZv58HoO9LF_5azs6QtCsuUgofcczZtpRJI&asPdf=false
Posted on November 15, 2017 at 16:48

Hello,

There is no problem with your ioc file !  I'm not able to reproduce this problem in my environment using CubeMx 4.23 and Keil 5.23 .

I think the problem is due to your environment.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on November 15, 2017 at 19:03

You'd probably want to review the .uvprojx file for completeness and validity.

Keil can get weird about file names, paths and networked drives. I would try to keep everything on the local drive, and not have cube installed under \User\XYZ\ type paths. And avoid using Linux paths under Windows.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 12, 2017 at 14:39

mutlu.mert wrote:

i faced same error(CANNOT READ PROJECT FILE).

Sorry, I've lost track: which application (Keil or Cube) is giving that error?

At what point, exactly, are you getting that error?

The Keil project files are just text (XML, in fact) - can you open them in a text editor?

EDIT

Do you still have the original computer?

If so, are the projects still working on that computer?

If so, do a diff of the two sets of project files ...

Posted on December 12, 2017 at 16:48

Keil has some issues with leaving files open (locked) when a project is closed. In Windows if a file is mapped against memory you can't delete that file (think .DLL), often you can rename it.

When I've encountered this I either open a different project, or close Keil. Similarly if I have a file open in a viewer (say .MAP, .AXF, or .HEX) a build process may fail because the linker cannot open file.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..