cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474RE flash in single bank configuration is not correctly shown with STMCubeProgrammer if connected to target in DFU USB mode

FValm.1
Associate III

STM32G474RE flash in single bank configuration is not correctly managed with STMCubeProgrammer if connected to target in DFU USB mode. In that configuration always 256 pages of 2K size are shown. If I connect STM32CubeProgrammer via ST-LINK to the same target then 128 pages of 4K size are correctly shown. Is there any reason? Is it a known bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @FValm.1​ ,

Ok it is clear now!

Yes I reproduce this issue and I raised this issue internally to be fixed asap.

Internal ticket number: 123740 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers). 

Houda

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @FValm.1​ ,

Can you please tell me the CubeProgrammer version used in this test?

Houda

FValm.1
Associate III

Hi! It is the 2.9.0 version.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @FValm.1​ ,

Using CubeProgrammer 2.9.0 , the STM32G474RE flash is configured to have 256 sector of 2K size.

I have the same configuration using St-link and DFU connection , please see the screenshot below :

0693W00000Kaz5dQAB.png 

According to the reference manuel RM0440 Table 6. Flash module - 512 KB dual bank organization, it is the correct configuration. The flash memory is mapped to have 256 sector of 2K size .

0693W00000Kaz4LQAR.pngCan you please confirm if you are using 2.9.0 version?

Houda

FValm.1
Associate III

Hi! Perhaps my question was not very clear... I said that the problem is related to how you configure your flash. I said that if you configure your flash in single bank (i.e. you have to change the DBANK to 0 in the option bytes to achieve that) then the flash is correctly shown only with ST-LINK connection (128 sectors of 4 Kbytes). If you see your flash in USB connection then you see it in a wrong way (256 pages, 2 KBytes). But I repeat the problem concerns the flash when it is configured in a single bank. Clearly your test seems to be performed when the flash is configured in dual bank (DBANK at 1)... In that mode both ST-LINK and USB connection show the same correct configuration (256 pages 2 KBytes each one)

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @FValm.1​ ,

Ok it is clear now!

Yes I reproduce this issue and I raised this issue internally to be fixed asap.

Internal ticket number: 123740 (PS: This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers). 

Houda