cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't update STM32 Cube Programmer

mha
Associate

Hi,

when starting STM32 Cube Programmer (W64) or checking for updates I get this message

mha_0-1697473614723.png

There is "No Proxy" set in the Proxy settings and the Windows PC has internet access (browsing www works).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for having reported this issue.

I confirm this issue and raise it internally for analysis and fix in internal ticket ID163967.

(PS: ID163967 this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kraal
Senior III

Hi,

I have the same issue with CubeProgrammer 2.14 on 2 different computers. When looking at the proxy settings and chosing "None" (we don't have proxies), the check connection is always a red cross.

Did the update server changed recently ?

Best regards.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for having reported this issue.

I confirm this issue and raise it internally for analysis and fix in internal ticket ID163967.

(PS: ID163967 this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you Imen for the ticket.

Best regards,
Kraal

HectorDetector
Associate

Same. I tried running it in an admin mode, no difference.

hsienching
Associate II

I also encountered this problem today.

In the beginning, I used STM32 Cube Programmer 2.12.0, and tried different proxy settings (both "No Proxy" and "Use System Proxy Parameters"). It didn't work. The server connection was still not established.

Later, I upgraded and used STM32 Cube Programmer 2.14.0, and tried different proxy settings (both "No Proxy" and "Use System Proxy Parameters"). It didn't work. The server connection was still not established.

Operation system:
Use VMware
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS" provided by osboxes.org
I've checked my network connection. The web browser can normally connected to the internet.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello,

The connection issue has been fixed! Can you please  check again and confirm the status?

Houda

Hi @Houda GHABRI ,

The proxy setting does not complain anymore, that is true (I mean that when I click on check connection I get the green check instead of the red cross).

However when you click on software update, the connection error is still here (it is so fast at saying that there is an error that it does not seem to even try...)

mha
Associate

2.14.0 same here. no proxy error but connect error on clicking software update

TJM
Senior

I can also confirm the above two status reports.  The proxy window test goes GREEN but the update connection fails.