cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H755 Nucleo and PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY

MJack.1
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using an STM32H755ZIQ Nucleo and migrating an old project in CubeMX 6.8.

The RCC > supply source > PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY option has been removed from CubeMX, which was the default previously.

I tried the two available options (External / LDO), both lock up the board and require full chip erase to continue.

I have read this knowledge article which suggests that the solution is to "Make sure that you fixed the power-supply configuration in your project". However the only available options do not work. If I manually put int the SMPS option again, it works.

I've read many posts relating to this issue, mostly about how to revive the board, but I haven't found an explanation for why the option is removed form CubeMX and why I (presumably) shouldn't be using that option any more.

If anyone can shed some light on how I'm supposed to configure the project so that the Nucleo is powered properly, that would be great.

Thanks, Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

In DS12919 for STM32H755, scale 0: boosted performance (available only with LDO regulator)"

Knowing that in VOS1 the max frequency is 400MHz. So SMPS is not available for 480Mz.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

I tried to reproduce the configuration; it works for me on CubeMX6.8.

0693W00000aJldCQAS.png 

Try to start a new project and initialize the peripherals with default settings.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MJack.1
Associate III

Thanks for the reply - You're right, I can see the option if I start a new project.

I guess then it's related to the fact that my project is migrated from a previous version of CubeMX?

@Community member​ Would you mind sharing your IOC file and specify the source version in order to reproduce the issue and confirm the bug?

Thank you

MJack.1
Associate III

Hi, I've attached the ioc file. I believe the migration was from 6.4 windows to 6.8 mac.

Many Thanks

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

In DS12919 for STM32H755, scale 0: boosted performance (available only with LDO regulator)"

Knowing that in VOS1 the max frequency is 400MHz. So SMPS is not available for 480Mz.

MJack.1
Associate III

I can confirm that if I set my clock to 400MHz, I get the full range of options for the SMPS.

Thank you !