cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE: Creating a project from example for NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

I'm trying to use STM32CubeIDE to create a project for this board from the list of "Examples Selector". I picked "Demonstrations" as seen in the picture. I don't see a ".ioc" file and when I try to build I get these errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/myUserName/STM32W/Demonstrations/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop. Demonstrations_CM4 C/C++ Problem

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/myUserName/STM32W/Demonstrations/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop. Demonstrations_CM7 C/C++ Problem

I tried 3 different projects and all 3 don't have the ".ioc" file. That's the file that shows the visual configurator pinout among other things. In a effort to find out more I picked a different board (NUCLEO-L476RG, example "GPO"). This time I get an ".ioc" file and the project builds without errors.  

I'm new to STM32 and the whole ecosystem. The NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q is dual core, the NUCLEO-L476RG is single core. How do I get the dual core project to show the ".ioc" file ... and build without errors?

Thanks

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjpJMQAY.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rodo​ ,

To import the project in STM32CubeIDE1.12.0 version, I recommend you to follow these steps:

1- Open STM32CubeIDE1.12.0 version

2- Click File-->Open Projects from File System as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHm7QAE.png3- Browse the Demonstrations\STM32CubeIDE project file located in this path "STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q\Demonstrations\STM32CubeIDE" as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHoXQAU.png4-Build the Demonstrations_CM4 project as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpBQAU.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHp1QAE.png5-Build the Demonstrations_CM7 project

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpQQAU.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpVQAU.pngI hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kamil Duljas
Senior III

Examples/Demonstrations have not ioc file. If you create project from scratch, use mcu selector or board selector. Example selector allows to choose project that has some code, readme and it's ready to flash on your board.

Dudo
Rodo
Senior

Are you saying "Examples/Demonstrations have not ioc file" for the NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q? The other board example I picked works fine. See bold font in my post. Thanks.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Rodo​ ,

Which STM32CubeIDE version are you using?

I made some tests using STM32CubeIDE.1.12.0 version and the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0 firmware version and I didn't find any issue.

Please, try to use the last STM32CubeIDE version and let me know if the problem is solved.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0. I'm new to STM so I just installed it about a month ago. I don't know how to check "STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0 firmware". The picture I posted shows this version. I had a friend check this demo using his Linux machine and got the same error as me. There was no ioc file and he got the two make errors I showed in my post. I don't have the default workspace folder name though I changed it to "STM32W" maybe that makes a difference?

Is there a way for you to zip the project and post it here?

I just saw that exclamation symbol next to the name. I tried to make the project again and I notice a message related to that symbol in the upper left corner that says:

"Selected example is still in development and may not be fully functional"

I selected another demo (GPIO_EXTI) for the board and this one doesn't have a ioc file either but it builds without errors.

Hello @Rodo​ ,

You will find attached the zip file.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

How about instructions how to import this into cubeIDE? I tried to "import project" from the information center screen but what I got didn't work. Thanks:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkDEkQAM.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkDEuQAM.png

Hello @Rodo​ ,

To import the project in STM32CubeIDE1.12.0 version, I recommend you to follow these steps:

1- Open STM32CubeIDE1.12.0 version

2- Click File-->Open Projects from File System as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHm7QAE.png3- Browse the Demonstrations\STM32CubeIDE project file located in this path "STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q\Demonstrations\STM32CubeIDE" as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHoXQAU.png4-Build the Demonstrations_CM4 project as shown in the below figure

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpBQAU.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHp1QAE.png5-Build the Demonstrations_CM7 project

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpQQAU.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpVQAU.pngI hope this help you!

Kaouthar

Ok that built without errors. Thanks. Before I mark it as answered, one last thing ... there is still no ioc (visual configuration) file in the project. How do I get that? Thanks