cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE: Creating a project from example for NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

I'm trying to use STM32CubeIDE to create a project for this board from the list of "Examples Selector". I picked "Demonstrations" as seen in the picture. I don't see a ".ioc" file and when I try to build I get these errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/myUserName/STM32W/Demonstrations/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop. Demonstrations_CM4 C/C++ Problem

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/myUserName/STM32W/Demonstrations/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop. Demonstrations_CM7 C/C++ Problem

I tried 3 different projects and all 3 don't have the ".ioc" file. That's the file that shows the visual configurator pinout among other things. In a effort to find out more I picked a different board (NUCLEO-L476RG, example "GPO"). This time I get an ".ioc" file and the project builds without errors.  

I'm new to STM32 and the whole ecosystem. The NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q is dual core, the NUCLEO-L476RG is single core. How do I get the dual core project to show the ".ioc" file ... and build without errors?

Thanks

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjpJMQAY.png

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Rodo​ ,

Glad to know that the issue is already fixed.

Not All STM32 MCUs have examples with .ioc file in the Cube FW and STM32CubeMX don't provides examples for all MCUs.

If you want to create your .ioc file, I advise you to get inspired from the instructions in the readme file.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I wrote it to @Rodo​ in first post :D

Dudo

The images you have posted do not display. I'm having the same issue utilizing a stm32747I discovery board. I do the following:
1)file->STM32 Project

2)Navigate to 'Example Selector', then pick an example provided (BSP in this case).

3)Go to build and get the following:

14:04:39 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project BSP_CM4 ****

make -j16 all

make: *** No rule to make target user/BSP/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop.

"make -j16 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:04:39 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 360ms)

14:04:39 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project BSP_CM4 ****
make -j16 all
make: *** No rule to make target 'user/STM32CubeIDE/stm32h745i/BSP/STM32CubeIDE/Utilities/lcd/stm32_lcd.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lcd.o'. Stop.
"make -j16 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:04:39 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 360ms)

This looks to be the intended use-case, why doesn't this work, and how do i remedy?