cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make a qspi external loader for STM32H7B0VBT6

SEMad
Associate III

Hi.

I want to make a qspi external loader for STM32H7B0VBT6 (for winbond chips)...

but this MCU has OCTOSPI instead QUADSPI...

now, my question is how to configure the settings for a quadspi chip (like w25q64) in CubeMX?! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alzv6qg4lH0)

and is this the only difference between octospi and quadspi for making external loader or maybe should do anything else (like changing some code or...)?

0693W00000Nq2M5QAJ.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @SEMad​ ,

The answer to your question "how to configure the settings for a quadspi chip" is in the article Does OctoSPI interface support QuadSPI memories?

In the mentioned application note, you need to refer to the tables "STM32CubeMX - Configuration of OCTOSPI signals and mode" and look deeply to the provided examples.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

These loaders are all materially very similar.

Winbond W25Q devices are all usable via the OCTOSPI peripheral, the command structure gets a little more involved/specific. I've had them working on NUCLEO-H7A3ZG boards.

I'm not a code generator developer, I would recommend writing and testing your BSP, including Write and Erase, outside of the loader as this is far easier to test and debug.

https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr/blob/main/h7a3_octo_pins.txt

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @SEMad​ ,

The answer to your question "how to configure the settings for a quadspi chip" is in the article Does OctoSPI interface support QuadSPI memories?

In the mentioned application note, you need to refer to the tables "STM32CubeMX - Configuration of OCTOSPI signals and mode" and look deeply to the provided examples.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.