cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a bug in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1 or in STM32CubeMX?

Abdelmalek BELLOULA
Associate III

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 1.11.2 and STM32CubeMX Version: 6.7.0.

I have a question regarding the implementation of the SDIO SD card in 4 bit mode on a stm32F407 card

I am using the following configuration

SDIO Global interrupt, SDIO_RX and SDIO_TX DMA

SDIOCLK clock divide factor 5

Unfortunately it doesn't work. The f_mount function returns an error (Error SD card) 

On the other hand if I replace SDIO_BUS_WIDE_4B by SDIO_BUS_WIDE_1B

line hsd.Init.BusWide = SDIO_BUS_WIDE_1B; as shown the program works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello again @Abdelmalek BELLOULA​ 

Well, after some investigation, the bug mentioned in the thread is fixed in STM32CubeMX Version 6.7.0 which you are using.

In this case, I think the problem is the compatibility between the configuration (4B) and your hardware ( SD card) since you get error SD card

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Abdelmalek BELLOULA​ 

Check this thread, it might be related

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello again @Abdelmalek BELLOULA​ 

Well, after some investigation, the bug mentioned in the thread is fixed in STM32CubeMX Version 6.7.0 which you are using.

In this case, I think the problem is the compatibility between the configuration (4B) and your hardware ( SD card) since you get error SD card

Thank you Sarra, I will proceed to check my hadware

Abdelmalek BELLOULA
Associate III

I installed STM32CubeMX version 6.5.0, I generated the code with STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.27.0 I get the following code

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDhI0QAK.pngand it works well and no error in the hardware I checked everything

on the other hand with the latest version of STM32CubeMX 6.8.1, I get the following code: and my program crashes

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDhKaQAK.pngSO ?

Is there a bug in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1 or in STM32CubeMX for SDIO?