cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX: accidentally disabled TIM6

Krautermann
Senior II

While enabling Timers in CubeMX, I accidentally clicked on TIM6 which is already on by default and used by the Core I believe. I re-enabled it by clicking on it again and of course the default settings got erased. And now whenever I try to run my code, it is giving me this error:

Target is not responding, retrying...

Question: How can I restore the TIM6 to its default settings so that I can solve this problem?

I compared the TIM6 settings with other working projects and couldn't find the difference. Other projects run on the board.

Board: STM32H745XI

TIM6.PNGTargetError.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Krautermann ,

The "Target is not responding, retrying..." error message means that there is a communication problem between the board and the debugger. You need to consider and review a number of factors, like incorrect settings on the ST-Link, or wrong debug configuration, issue in debug pins assignment, USB connection issues...

First, try recover board with STM32CubeProgrammer: try connection under reset, or with BOOT0 pulled HIGH, might provide a quick way of recovery.

Check SMPS/LDO regulator issue. You can have a look at these articles that may help you:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen