cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openSTlinux build from stm32cubeide to sdcard image

TStas.1
Associate

I've build all part (linux, tf-a, u-boot) in stm32cubeide, acording to my device tree configured in cube.

I would like to ask if there is short way to create sd-card image from cube gui? If not, could any one share way how to do that from build to ready image.

I found this tutorial https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command

but i can't find the script.

i'm using vitrual machine with ubuntu 20.04

Sory if question will be trival. I'm new in linux compilation. Usualy i used already prepared.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlexandrShipovsky​ ,

Unfortunately this is a restriction of STM32CubeIDE today.

It's not capable to generate the *.ext4 ( rootfs, bootfs etc.. ) partitions.

For such you should indeed use Yocto build system.

Hope wiki material may help you to start with it.

Else please elaborate further what you want to do and difficulties you are facing.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlexandrShipovsky
Associate III

I would also like to know a quick way to build an image from compiled files in STM32CubeIDE.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

I'm not expert, but your could rather:

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi! Thank you for the answer! I use what you suggest and it works well, but when compiling I only get files with the extension *. bin *. stm32. For the full package, I also need files with the *.ext4 extension. I should probably use Yocto and the command line, but I have no experience with Yocto and I hope that there are ready-made tools in STM32CubeIDE for generating files with the *.ext4 extension

Hi @AlexandrShipovsky​ ,

Unfortunately this is a restriction of STM32CubeIDE today.

It's not capable to generate the *.ext4 ( rootfs, bootfs etc.. ) partitions.

For such you should indeed use Yocto build system.

Hope wiki material may help you to start with it.

Else please elaborate further what you want to do and difficulties you are facing.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hi @Community member​ ! Thank you for answer!

PatrickF
ST Employee

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'