cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble creating a project in STMCubeIDE 1.7.0. I'm trying to create the project in it's own directory, instead of the workspace directory. The process I am following is: (continued below)

LThal.1
Associate II

- Create the directory for the project (C:\Project)

- Create a New STM32 project

- Select the processor and package

- Setup STM32 project > Enter project name, for location enter project directory, select language and project type STM32Cube

- Code Generator options: Copy only necessary library files

When I start the project generation I get a popup message "C:\: Access is denied".

Using the "Project > Generate Code" option gives me the same message.

If I follow the same procedure and use the default workspace directory the project gets created successfully. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

This is a question about windows, not the STM32MPU, and I'm not a windows expert, but if you are the admin of your computer, I think you just have to:

• Right click on your Project folder
  • Click on "Properties"
  • Go inside Security tab
  • Then edit the permission for your user.

0693W00000FDKvhQAH.png 

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Please can you try again inside another folder, not at the root of your Disk C.

For example in your "Documents" folder, the one in C:\Users\your_login\Documents.

It can be due to a problem of permissions.

Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LThal.1
Associate II

Thanks Kevin,

I created a folder in the Documents folder and the project created successfully. What would I need to change in order to create the project in a new folder under C: ?

Regards,

Lee

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

This is a question about windows, not the STM32MPU, and I'm not a windows expert, but if you are the admin of your computer, I think you just have to:

• Right click on your Project folder
  • Click on "Properties"
  • Go inside Security tab
  • Then edit the permission for your user.

0693W00000FDKvhQAH.png 

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Kevin

LThal.1
Associate II

I created the project folder under a new folder called "Projects". I also changed the security settings. One or both of these seems to have done the trick. I'm not going to worry about which one for now. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lee

Hi @Community member​ ,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'