cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i try to compile a single file CubeIDE can't find the compiler.

vbuon.1
Associate III

i'm tyring to compile a single C++ file using by right clicking on the file and selecting the 'Build Selected File(s)' option from the pop up menu. when i sue this option i get the following error:

7:32:19 **** Building Selected Files of configuration Debug for project NearEGSoftware ****

Info: Internal Builder is used for build

$(CXX) ../DeviceAbstractionLayer/ASICLibraries/cqpi30lib/src/CQPI30DataUpload.cpp -std=gnu++14 -g3 -c -Og -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -fno-use-cxa-atexit -Wall -fstack-usage -o DeviceAbstractionLayer/ASICLibraries/cqpi30lib/src/CQPI30DataUpload.o

Cannot run program "$(CXX)": Unknown reason

Error: Program "$(CXX)" not found in PATH

PATH=[/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.6.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mpu.linux.toolchain_2.0.0.202105061257/tools/bin:/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.6.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.linux64_2.0.0.202105311346/tools/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/snap/bin]

where do i set this variable so that it uses the MPU G++ compiler?

thanks,

vince

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

is it part of a larger project? Does the larger project compile successfully?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
vbuon.1
Associate III

hi,

yes, it is part of a large project and i'm able to compile the project when i click on the build project tool.. when i want to compile an individual file inside of a project the ide can't find the compiler. i'm assuming there is a setting that i need to fill in to let the ide know where the compiler is. i just can't find it.

thanks,

vince

Not real sure. It works for me on STM32CubeIDE projects.

See if changing the toolchain in "MCU Toolchain" does anything.

0693W00000Dm2TSQAZ.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".