cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the CPU usage, and FLASH usage in FreeRTOS in STM32H745 discovery board using STM32Cube IDE

HPate.10
Associate III

Hello Support Team,

Currently, I am working with FreeRTOS and using STM32cube IDE.

I have created two tasks in my FreeRTOS-based application.

I need to require the below data using STM32 cube IDE when both tasks are in a running state.

Both tasks are running in CORE-M7.

i)   CPU utilization(for particular CORE-M7)

ii) RAM Usage

iii)FLASH usage

Ex. In Linux, we easily view the particular process CPU usage and memory.

Could we do the same thing for a particular CORE-M7 in STM32 cube IDE?

Let me know how to achieve this in STM32Cube IDE for FreeRTOS.

Or, Required any plugins for this give all steps for how to add plugins and use them.

Hardware and Software Details:

1) Hardware :

- STM32H745 Discovery board.

2) Software :

- STM32cube IDE Version: 1.8.0

- OS - Windows OS(Windows 10)

Thanks In Advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Some comments:

• CPU usage can be measured with FreeRTOS Task list view. You need to instrument FreeRTOS to use a timer. Read the User guide UM2609, chapter 6.2.1 (FreeRTOS - Requirements)
  • RAM usage: If you are referring to stack usage for the task, then also read the same chapter and rely on FreeRTOS Task list view.
  • Flash usage: Check the Build analyzer view or the map-file. It can show you how much flash is used (at compile-time).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HPate.10
Associate III

Hello Team,

I work on one project where I really want to know what is the CPU usage of Core M7, RAM, and FLASH size for a specific task (RTOS task) and based on I have to take further decisions.

I am really waiting for the replay of my queries.

Your reply is really helping full for me.

Your earlier replay is highly appreciatable.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @HPate.10​ ,

May be the post RTOS debug with STM32CubeIDE created by @mattias norlander​ will help you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Some comments:

• CPU usage can be measured with FreeRTOS Task list view. You need to instrument FreeRTOS to use a timer. Read the User guide UM2609, chapter 6.2.1 (FreeRTOS - Requirements)
  • RAM usage: If you are referring to stack usage for the task, then also read the same chapter and rely on FreeRTOS Task list view.
  • Flash usage: Check the Build analyzer view or the map-file. It can show you how much flash is used (at compile-time).

Hi,

I have followed the User guide for my existing project, but without the chapter 6.2.1.2 - Add to registry. When I try to compile I get an error in file tasks.c:

0693W00000WHlgpQAD.pngIs this error due to the fact I do not add queues and semaphores to registry or related to something else ?

Thanks for your help