cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename STM32CubeIDE project

pk84
Senior

Hello,

How can I rename the project-name in STM32CubeIDE ?

If I right click on the project(name) and choose rename I get the following error, see attached screenshot.

Thank you

0693W00000WHSflQAH.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @pk84​,

Edit the name in the .project file. By default, the name is the root path of the application, but can be changed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
<name>new_name</name>
<comment/>
<projects>
</projects>

Best regards,

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @pk84​,

Edit the name in the .project file. By default, the name is the root path of the application, but can be changed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
<name>new_name</name>
<comment/>
<projects>
</projects>

Best regards,

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ok thanks, will all other files like .launch be renamed automatically? I think there are for sure some more files with the project name and reference to it?

It's just necessary to change the name of the project and everything works fine ��

Hope my answer helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

This will help other users find that answer faster.

Foued

pk84
Senior

Ok that works, but just another, similar question:

Is it possible to change the name of the .launch file? And where can I change the names of the generated .elf/.hex./list/.map ... files?

Thank you