cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling HAL_RTC_SetTime and HAL_RTC_SetDate during runtime causes RTC failure. Our application needs timestamp included in every packet, so during runtime we are updating the RTC datetime. But calling the above function is causing RTC interrupt failure.

CCtl.1
Associate
4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CCtl.1 ,

Make sure to configure properly the RTC clock source and prescaler settings. Check also the interrupt priorities.

If possible, share your code and provide more details about your hardware/software used and your configuration. This will help community users to answer you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

>>Our application needs timestamp included in every packet, so during runtime we are updating the RTC datetime.

If the RTC is WORKING, WHY do you need to keep updating it, surely it just ticks if operating normally, off the LSE crystal..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

What is "RTC interrupt failure"?

JW

Piranha
Chief II

ST removed my comment, where I said that those, who write the whole topic in the title, most likely are the same, who cannot understand the concept of Set/Get and Input/Output. 😁 Even without any "harsh" words! What a pathetic and childish behavior...