cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the radio to sniff raw wireless M-bus packages

TA.1
Associate II

Hi all,

Is it possible to setup the radio on the STM32WL5x to sniff raw wireless M-bus packages?
I do not want to transmit any data, just receive raw packages from meters that are in range.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Semtech chips operate in a promiscuous mode, they hear all radio traffic.So you can listen to packets on the air.

What you NEED to do is configure all the radio parameters, ie frequency, bandwidth, spread-factor, preamble, etc to match identically those of the transmitter you're trying to listen in on.

Find details on the protocol expectations, or find source for other/related Semtech radios.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Semtech chips operate in a promiscuous mode, they hear all radio traffic.So you can listen to packets on the air.

What you NEED to do is configure all the radio parameters, ie frequency, bandwidth, spread-factor, preamble, etc to match identically those of the transmitter you're trying to listen in on.

Find details on the protocol expectations, or find source for other/related Semtech radios.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @TA.1 

The best way is to buy the stack from Stackforce or to use the X-CUBE-SUBG1 exemples and migrate them to the stm32wl ( is not so hard to do it).

To find more details about the Stackforce and stm32wl take a look at this post.

Best regards.

II