cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Data Transfer between TWO STM32WB

Rituraj
Associate III

I want to configure a stm32wb as BLE central and other as BLE peripheral such that they can exchange data. The combination of all this data also needs to be sent to a mobile phone. Can anyone suggest me a MOOC or may be a document that can  be used as a manual to perform this task.

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you for your help. I used both the examples (P2P_server and P2p client ) and BLE_MESH . In both the cases connection to an android or IOS device is missing. I used it for provisioning in the BLE_MESH but after provisioning I am unable to recieve or connect to the MCU.  FYI I have STM32wb5mm-DK. 

One of your STM32s is going to need to be both a "server" and a "client":

1. A "server" to the other STM32;
  2. A "client" to the Android or iOS device.

Does the STM32wb5mm support this?

Sorry for the confusion i have. You need to use a node with the Router example STM32CubeWB/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pRouteur at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com) and other node(s) with the server example STM32CubeWB/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pServer at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com) than you can connect your Smartphone to the Router and exchange data as mentioned on the Router readme file.

PS: Both examples are tested with our Nucleo Board. They should run on the STM32WB DK board but may need some adaptation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Rituraj
Associate III

@STTwo-32 Thanks . I am really new to this . How can I make sure that the the router and server should work in a pair with no cross connection. Now I know both of these work as I can see on ST toolbox but how can I check if the are connected among them selves . I earlier modified an example to trigger data transmission using push button . I am able to understand the server but I have no idea what and how can I deal with router. I need this router to accept data from Server . add some more data to it and then share it to my phone.

Could you tell me about the files I should be looking into and what can be done to ensure no crossconnections.

Hello @Rituraj 

This is a new question. So, I suggest you create a new post with more explanation on what you need and your use case to give it more visibility.

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III