cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Server and Router Configuration

Rituraj
Associate III

How can I make sure that the the router and server should work in a pair with no cross connection. Now I know both of these work as I can see on ST toolbox but how can I check if the are connected among them selves . I earlier modified an example to trigger data transmission using push button . I am able to understand the server but I have no idea what and how can I deal with router. I need this router to accept data from Server . add some more data to it and then share it to my phone.

I am currently using  two  stm 32wb5mm DK one as a server and other as a router.

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Rituraj 

In fact, everything is mentioned on the ReadMe file of the STM32CubeWB/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_p2pRouteur at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB (github.com). If you are looking for other modifications, you have to understand how it is configured and try to add your new data.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have already read it a number of times. The issue is that the readme file says to use ST BLE STARNET application which is not available for Android 13 or Android 14 . I am trying to connect via ST BLE Toolbox but thats not helping me at all. Is there an alternative for ST BLE STARNET.

Hi,
Indeed, the readme is not up to date, we will update it.
BLE STARNET is no longer maintained, you must now use ST BLE Toolbox to connect to the p2pRouter.
Once done, click on B1 to connect to the Servers, you'll then be able to write info: smartphone > router > server (control the led)
and conversely, send up notifications: server > router > smartphone by pressing B1 on the p2pServer.

Best regards
Joé

I tried ST BLE toolbox as well. I tried to replicate am example for wb55 NUCLEO  to STM32Wb5MM DK. I guess as there is a diffrence between hardware configuration I am not able to connect by clicking on push can you guide me that in what file I need to make changes to be able to connect. 

I will mention the link to another query which has the link to the files for both server and router