cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power consumption vs. clock rate 32L4xx ?

Lohi
Associate III

hello all;

i wondered if there are good guidelines for power consumption vs. clock, and, how low can the processor clock run? complex, i think, especiallly if one needs to run certain peripherals like ADC, or i2c... thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Very often, the lowest power consumption is better achieved by running the processor at full speed so that it can get stuff done quicker, and then sleep longer.

Look at the peripherals' facilities to run without CPU intervention...

Only run the peripherals when actually needed ...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Very often, the lowest power consumption is better achieved by running the processor at full speed so that it can get stuff done quicker, and then sleep longer.

Look at the peripherals' facilities to run without CPU intervention...

Only run the peripherals when actually needed ...

AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

looking at ds of your chip might give information...

AScha3_0-1718442636036.png

also for each peripherals..

AScha3_1-1718442729702.png

+Check with power calculating tool in Cube, if you prefer ...

AScha3_2-1718442962717.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Ja, so es gent....I'm quite ill, at the moment, not able to view the 500 pages on the computer, and, about 2 minutes after posting, had a "Duh!" moment, so thanks for telling me where to RTFM!

15 years of AE experience, RTFM comes often to mind, so thanks for the polite response.

yep, true...i did a military system some years ago, and used an 8-bit CMOS processor to detect s 'trigger' event, and then wound up a big CPU with math coprocessor, which ran for 30 seconds, a couple of times per day...so, indeed, valid approach, run like crazy, sleep...kind of like a cat!

Thx

sorry, should have tapped 'solution'

🙂

You can change solution state in menu of that post, "not the solution" , then take another as solution.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".